Sold item to new poster, now have problems... please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still really confused as to why she would expect $730 back in her PP account? If you click "Refund" payment, no fees are charged to anyone.If you're going to give her a refund, make sure you are out NO money (meaning she's going to have to eat S&H both ways). Sorry but I always say no returns because of headaches like this. I saw your pictures and everything was accurately described. It's buyers remorse, and what a shame that you have to deal with it! I hope everything gets resolved quickly.

that makes me feel bad being a newbie, b/c she is ruining it for all of us. Do not give her the money before you get your bag or you will never see the bag again. In fact, i'm sure paypal has rules about this where the seller needs the item back before issuing a refund. I'd look into it. I'm sorry this happened to you.

valerieb said:
Do you feel like you described the bag accurately? Were there several pictures the buyer could view?

Good luck!

Yeah, there were several images but no high resolution images because I didn't want to bog down the board. I would have been *happy* to email her high resolution images, but she never asked for them.

Like I said, if only for the sake of reputation and not because its the right thing to do, I would always describe what I sell here accurately.

I am *very* reluctant to give a refund because it does sound like buyer's remorse to me.

I've sold a number of things on the forum and have been very lucky that everyone's been happy with the items I've sold them. A few of the buyers have been "newbies" that have worked out well. I hope a few "bad" ones don't ruin it for the whole bunch.

I do agree that you should NOT refund the funds until you receive the bag and it's in the same condition that you sent it out in and that it's the same bag you sent out for that matter.

Like asl_bebes says - NO ONE, NO MERCHANT refunds without receiving the item first - you shouldn't have to either. And YOU incurred fees when you sold it - so she should eat her fees/shipping too if there are any - she's an adult an she was taking responsibility for some level of risk when she bought it regardless of how you represented it. Don't be bullied. Refunds can be worked out with disappointed parties, but no one person can run the table on the financial arrangements.

[I guess like ebay i'd one question what you failed to describe about the bag. IF pictures described the bag correctly and its just a matter of buyers remorse?

If you didnt describe the bag correctly i'd say she needs to return the bag then you will refund the money once the bag arrives.

Good luck!

quote=IntlSet]Hi ladies,

Before the new policy, I sold my Chanel tote to a new poster with less than 100 posts.

She now wants a refund for the bag (including the shipping), but wants me to refund the money BEFORE she sends the bag back to me because she doesn't believe that I accurately described it. I'm sorry she's disappointed with the bag, but I do have a problem refunding her payment while she still has my bag!

On Ebay, I always waited until I received the item to give a refund. She paid via Paypal.

I do not know this woman, she doesn't have a long posting history.

Any advice?[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.