Sold Bals on Real Real

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Well - if anyone has bought a Bal on Real Real within the past week and it was mine - you got a great price and many of the bags were pristine and never used even once - the descriptions they give are not accurate - one bag I had on there was never touched and pristine and they listed it as "scratched hardware" and some "residue" inside when it was so clean it was ridiculous -

Reactions: lilapot
Well - if anyone has bought a Bal on Real Real within the past week and it was mine - you got a great price and many of the bags were pristine and never used even once - the descriptions they give are not accurate - one bag I had on there was never touched and pristine and they listed it as "scratched hardware" and some "residue" inside when it was so clean it was ridiculous -
I missed your bags as I try to avoid buying from outside the EU. I don't really want to ask because it'll hurt to know one of my HG passed me by, but did you sell a red City? Or pink?

I hope you sold because you wanted to and not because you had to.

Oh man. I’m so disappointed. Not because of the deal because that’s not fair but because the chance to have a gently loved, know there are no issues with authenticity bag.

I missed your bags as I try to avoid buying from outside the EU. I don't really want to ask because it'll hurt to know one of my HG passed me by, but did you sell a red City? Or pink?

I hope you sold because you wanted to and not because you had to.
No red or pink cities - I am selling because I was collecting bags and not using them and now I want to unclutter my life

No red or pink cities - I am selling because I was collecting bags and not using them and now I want to unclutter my life
I've sold a couple of Bal items this year, too. Took forever despite me lowering prices to a painful level compared to what I paid for them. It's worth it for the zen of decluttering what you don't need though.

The Bals I have now, I love and hopefully I'll be able to add a few more City:s some day soon.

Reactions: Nancy in VA
There are some Bals on there that looked really pristine which they just marked as “Good” and marked down super LOW, too! I couldn’t believe it. Thought it was just me. Did all your Bals sell already?

Congrats and good luck on the decluttering! @Nancy in VA It can be really hard as I’ve experienced months ago which brought me to tears at some point but it must be done.

Xx

I sent them a Maxi Twiggy and they lis
There are some Bals on there that looked really pristine which they just marked as “Good” and marked down super LOW, too! I couldn’t believe it. Thought it was just me. Did all your Bals sell already?

Congrats and good luck on the decluttering! @Nancy in VA It can be really hard as I’ve experienced months ago which brought me to tears at some point but it must be done.

Xx
They did not all sell but most did - I have a vert menthe part-time with giant silver hardware with great leather on there that I never used- it is painful to see how low they sell for but it is like that on every site - even Ebay -

I would NEVER send any of my Bal bags to The RealReal .. ever! They do not have good people authenticating the Balenciaga bags and as many times as I have told them that they MUST put a picture of the inside "label/tag", they don't. Now, mind you .. I have gotten some steals of the century on that site .. primarily super-old/RARE bags that they had ZERO clue about .. but they oftentimes do not even know the color, don't know the leather or even the style .. boneheads!

The only place that I have sold my bags to is Fashionphile; however, I am going to try Rebags as I've heard they are pretty good and they have a few sites here in LA. I'll let all know how that goes!!

Reactions: Nancy in VA
I wouldn't touch a bag from The Real Real. No way.
Too many issues about authenticity, sometimes apparent to the naked eye.
And, as of late, they're just pushing stuff onto the site without close examination.
They used to list measurements and details. Now? They throw stuff in front of a camera and list it as soon as the "authenticators" (who have a quota they have to reach of listings every day or they get less money) send it through.
No. Way.

I wouldn't touch a bag from The Real Real. No way.
Too many issues about authenticity, sometimes apparent to the naked eye.
And, as of late, they're just pushing stuff onto the site without close examination.
They used to list measurements and details. Now? They throw stuff in front of a camera and list it as soon as the "authenticators" (who have a quota they have to reach of listings every day or they get less money) send it through.
No. Way.
I'm still getting some great bags from TRR although the misses are becoming more frequent. Still worth it for me, they've refunded if I've found a bag unacceptable.