Sold Bag on eBay.. shipped using USPS.. sick to my stomach!!!

Ladies, you will not believe what happened. I feel so embarrassed!!!

So my mother, who is such a kind angel, has a friend who works at the post office I dropped the item off at... my mother called her to see if there was something she could do to assist me (since she saw I was distraught).

My mother told her it was a large Macy's box reused to package the item. She searched endlessly in the piles of unclaimed packages in the back of the warehouse.

Apparently, my package had been set aside because I paid for 2lbs worth of shipping and my package weighed 2.2lbs. She called my mother to give her the good news!!!!!

My scale was off!!!! I weighed my package at 1.8lbs and automatically rounded up to 2lbs.

I asked my kind mother to go up to the post office, pay the difference, get a receipt of acceptance and to send off immediately. I insisted on overnighting the package but she mentioned it was past the cutoff and would reach her on Monday... and she also said that 2 day would also reach her Monday because packages are usually in transit on Sundays as well... I kept the 2-day priority I initially paid for.

I sent the buyer a message to let her know and apologized profusely! She has been quick to send me a response to all of my messages.. we shall see if she says anything since she has already requested a full refund. I am so relieved yet embarrassed... such an oversight on my part. Thank goodness my precious bag was found!I thank you all for all the help and reassurance and let this be a lesson learned for all. Lol [emoji31] get a receipt of acceptance!
I'm so happy for you! It helps to have a friend in the post office. I would be mad that the other employees you spoke to never looked through those packages or suggested that this was a possibility. When my package was lost, the postmaster told me that he looked through a pile of boxes that had been set aside for other carriers. Apparently they often get UPS packages and such dropped off at the post office by mistake. I guess if you had waited in line, they would have weighed it then. However, if your post office is anything like mine, they won't wait on you unless you are spending money, so for a prepaid label you get no service, whether you wait in line or not.

You were very unlucky. I've received many ebay packages where a seller paid for 1 pound for a 3 pound package.

So sorry you are going through this. I just recently had the same issue with USPS. I am in Australia and sold a gucci bag to a buyer in the US on ebay and sent the bag "express international" (4-6 days) on the 2 May with insurance. My package went missing for 6 days. No tracking scans at all for that whole time. Then on the 9th I get an email notification that my package has arrived at the destination country... but no scans to show where it had been. Hang in there.

Mistakes happen. You have tried very hard to make this work so hopefully your buyer will know that and withdraw here claim.
If I were advising the buyer, I would tell her to leave the claim open until she receives the package. Something could still happen. But at least now that it has been scanned, if something does happen, an insurance claim can be filed.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Hello everyone.. I have a huge dilemma. I sold a Gucci bag on eBay for $1550 on Saturday May 14. I create a shipping label on the 15th, pack the item up nicely and drop it off at the post office. It's going to New York. I usually go to the very front and make contact with the post office worker and leave the item at the counter with them once they've acknowledged me dropping the item off. That's exactly what I did this time around.

There has been absolutely ZERO movement!!!! Nothing, not even an acceptance scan. I've called the USPS 1800 number, I have gone up to the post office, and I'm on hold with them right now and I get the same answer.. "oh, it takes time," "maybe its scanning with a broken scanner," "it's too early to do anything about it right now."

The buyer has emailed me and asked me why it hasn't been shipped. This is really starting to worry me. Luckily I purchased insurance but I don't know much good that will do me since it hasn't even been scanned once. What should I do from this point on? Yes, I know!!!! I should have gotten a receipt!!!!! I know, I know and I'm kicking myself so hard for not doing that this time around.. anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? :sad:

Don't start worrying too soon...that's happened to me several times. Delivery progress didn't show up until almost delivered. That's why I don't use USPS anymore! FedEx all the way now.

Great... now she doesn't want the bag.. this is the message that she sent me just now.. The last message I received from her was to keep her updated. When she opened the claim she just said.. "issue refund." I thought that was only if I could not deliver...

"As I shared in earlier email today given that You could not verify what was going and that there was no package registered, I have already canceled payment and asked you to retrieve package. There was no way that I could be sure of the accuracy of what was being represented. I am happy to explain to eBay s but If it does arrive I will be returning to you."

At this point I'm thinking I should just accept the return. I regret doing business with this lady. The ZERO feedback should have been a big indicator..

Great... now she doesn't want the bag.. this is the message that she sent me just now.. The last message I received from her was to keep her updated. When she opened the claim she just said.. "issue refund." I thought that was only if I could not deliver...

"As I shared in earlier email today given that You could not verify what was going and that there was no package registered, I have already canceled payment and asked you to retrieve package. There was no way that I could be sure of the accuracy of what was being represented. I am happy to explain to eBay s but If it does arrive I will be returning to you."

At this point I'm thinking I should just accept the return. I regret doing business with this lady. The ZERO feedback should have been a big indicator..
Yes, do yourself a favor, issue her a refund and take back your bag. I don't have a good feeling about your buyer either. Not easy to work with and so impatient.
And it seems like she doesn't want the bag any longer, so forcing it on her is only asking for trouble.