Sold a purse and have no box that fits! Any ideas?

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
What an amatuer mistake I just made! I sold a handbag that is sort of big and wide and I dont have a single box in the house that would fit. I think it would only fit in a pizza box size, except thicker. Have you ever been in this situation and what would you suggest?

What an amatuer mistake I just made! I sold a handbag that is sort of big and wide and I dont have a single box in the house that would if. I think it would only fit in a pizza box size, except thicker. Have you ever been in this situation and what would you suggest?

Is the bag structured? Leather is delicate? If not, I would stuff it with paper tissue and use a large envelope. I would "lining" the evelope with cardboard, I would do a box into the envelope. Hope this makes sense. Also, a lot of bubble plastic. Let's see what the other ladies suggest.

Is the bag structured? Leather is delicate? If not, I would stuff it with paper tissue and use a large envelope. I would "lining" the evelope with cardboard, I would do a box into the envelope. Hope this makes sense. Also, a lot of bubble plastic. Let's see what the other ladies suggest.

Its a tote that has a sort of rigid bottom and handles that stand upright. So big and flat.

I have actually had to buy boxes before from the U-haul store to put something in that was way too large for any of my boxes. I have also cut down boxes, merged boxes, etc.

I have actually had to buy boxes before from the U-haul store to put something in that was way too large for any of my boxes. I have also cut down boxes, merged boxes, etc.
I cut down boxes all the time. Then, I use tape to correct the ugliness and keep it structured and water proof. Sound familiar? :biggrin:

Is it the J. Crew tote? You give the longest measurement as 14.5" so you don't need to use as large a box as 21". You'll be spending a fortune in postage for an oversized box depending on how far away you're shipping it. Even if you use parcel post (or whatever they're calling that service now), it'll probably cost more than what you charged.

Another option for boxes is to call your local grocery store and ask if they have any boxes available.

Is it the J. Crew tote? You give the longest measurement as 14.5" so you don't need to use as large a box as 21". You'll be spending a fortune in postage for an oversized box depending on how far away you're shipping it. Even if you use parcel post (or whatever they're calling that service now), it'll probably cost more than what you charged.

Another option for boxes is to call your local grocery store and ask if they have any boxes available.

But that 21" includes the handle plus the bag...