Sold a bag, having sellers remorse and....

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
Thank you if you hang in there for my whole story..

My DH encouraged me to sell my mono speedy because I didn't use it very much due to the mono print being very noticeably LV, wanting and needing the crossbody option and preferring the de print.

I listed it on eBay and it sold. However when I was packing her up I felt a bit sad and that feeling hasn't passed yet :sad:

DH also said before I sold it as soon as it sold we would go to LV which is a long drive away but we could make a day of it and purchase my speedy B in DE.

I was sad about missing my speedy so I ordered one online and I didn't like some things about it when it got here so I mailed it back for a return.

In the meantime DH and I had a disagreement and now he isn't talking to me or taking me to the LV store after having them put one on hold for me to buy before the price increase which is tomorrow.

I am so bummed out. I feel like he's punishing me because I disagreed with him on a whole different matter. For the most part he is a great DH but I feel like he does this often if he can.

I thought about ordering one more online today to see if it came ok but I didn't want to risk becoming a person who orders & returns often and I didn't know how LV handles it if you return two of the same bags in a row.

Thank you for reading this. I'm sorry it's so long. I must add I work hard and have my own cash to buy this bag. I have a cles, mini pochette, pochette & zcw but I do not have any full size LV bags. I do have 2 Coach bags. Does anyone have any insight to my dilemma and my feeling this way? Thank you :smile:

I bought the artsy and had to exchange it twice in 3 days . if your not happy exchange it . You could drive to the store without him :smile: . I sold my mono speedy 30 and missed it so much I bought the mono speedy 35. I love it . I'm sorry your sad. :smile:

so sorry you are feeling sad. sometimes even the best dh's don't fully get our love of handbags... do you feel like you would rather have the mono now? i guess my advice is to wait for calmer seas and then go to the lv store and try whatever bags you like. it should be a positive experience to buy a bag like lv, so it's best done without conflict and when everyone is relaxed and in a good state of mind. it's hard to wait for sure, but at least if you do go to the store, you can check the bag over and choose one you really really like. hopefully dh will come around by then and you two can have a nice day, maybe go out to lunch after shopping? best of luck

I bought the artsy and had to exchange it twice in 3 days . if your not happy exchange it . You could drive to the store without him :smile: . I sold my mono speedy 30 and missed it so much I bought the mono speedy 35. I love it . I'm sorry your sad. :smile:

Thank you :smile: I thought about driving without him but I had shoulder surgery for the second time on the same shoulder in Oct and it is healing super slow. Driving for an extended time really tires out my shoulder so I dont think I should go that far just yet. I'm glad you got a good artsy :smile:

so sorry you are feeling sad. sometimes even the best dh's don't fully get our love of handbags... do you feel like you would rather have the mono now? i guess my advice is to wait for calmer seas and then go to the lv store and try whatever bags you like. it should be a positive experience to buy a bag like lv, so it's best done without conflict and when everyone is relaxed and in a good state of mind. it's hard to wait for sure, but at least if you do go to the store, you can check the bag over and choose one you really really like. hopefully dh will come around by then and you two can have a nice day, maybe go out to lunch after shopping? best of luck

It is hard when you are the only one in your friends or family that have a love for handbags. Thats why I'm so thankful to all you lovely people who understand when I'm sad over this. I think I'm sad about my mono because I get, for lack of a better word, kind of attached to my things I guess and right now it just seems like I got rid of my speedy for nothing. I know I want the speedy b in de but if I continue to feel sad I might get the mono way later. Checking the bag over would be a big plus and so would calmer seas with DH. It is painful to wait all the while knowing today is the last day before the price increase. Thank you for you kind thoughts and words :smile:

Order online again and if you don't like it, return to the store, don't worry about return, that is your right, as long as it is not used, they cannot deny your right to return the bag. I can feel your anxious but it will not be the end of the world, just think about this, even though you go to store, you might not able to find the perfect one, if it meat to be to order online agin, then order it, at least you can still get same price not after increasing.
Hang in there, everything will be ok. :hugs:

I think you're just having buyer and seller's remorse for something you aren't actually using. Is there a reason you're missing the mono Speedy? Did you use it often or just want to have it in your collection? I think the feeling will go away once you get the DE Speedy B because you'll still have a Speedy but one that may suit your lifestyle more.
I sold a NF DE and even though everyone says it's the best tote, it wasn't for me and I don't have any regrets on selling it. Of course it was beautiful and I felt kinda sad at first but I did not have any use for it at all and it killed my shoulders! So in short, don't worry about selling it unless you really were going to use it.

Order online again and if you don't like it, return to the store, don't worry about return, that is your right, as long as it is not used, they cannot deny your right to return the bag. I can feel your anxious but it will not be the end of the world, just think about this, even though you go to store, you might not able to find the perfect one, if it meat to be to order online agin, then order it, at least you can still get same price not after increasing.
Hang in there, everything will be ok. :hugs:

Thank you. I know it's not the end I am just impatient sometimes Lol

I think you're just having buyer and seller's remorse for something you aren't actually using. Is there a reason you're missing the mono Speedy? Did you use it often or just want to have it in your collection? I think the feeling will go away once you get the DE Speedy B because you'll still have a Speedy but one that may suit your lifestyle more.
I sold a NF DE and even though everyone says it's the best tote, it wasn't for me and I don't have any regrets on selling it. Of course it was beautiful and I felt kinda sad at first but I did not have any use for it at all and it killed my shoulders! So in short, don't worry about selling it unless you really were going to use it.

No I only used it a few times but I did get used to having it even though I mainly looked at it. You're right once I get the speedy b I am sure my sad feeling will go away :smile:

No I only used it a few times but I did get used to having it even though I mainly looked at it. You're right once I get the speedy b I am sure my sad feeling will go away :smile:

I'm sure you will! Trust me-- using a bag is more fun than looking!
If you got to the point of selling it, you're selling it for a reason. I know it's sad sometimes but just don't look back. Look forward at purchasing something you will love even more.

I'd just order another one! I've never had any problems with online orders, so I'm sure yours was just an unfortunate isolated incident. Hope you get a Speedy you're happy with and that you and your DH make up soon! :smile:

I may be the odd one out, but why did you order online if DH wanted to take you to the store? I can see how he got upset about you wanting to return it because he probably wanted to go in store with you so this very situation can't happen. When I talk to my friends, sometimes I am the one to bring them back to reality so they see that there is actually no reason to be upset with their SO and maybe it was them who slipped and acted too quickly. And believe me, I am very much guilty of acting too quickly :-/

Thank you :smile: I thought about driving without him but I had shoulder surgery for the second time on the same shoulder in Oct and it is healing super slow. Driving for an extended time really tires out my shoulder so I dont think I should go that far just yet. I'm glad you got a good artsy :smile:

You need to do something, I am currently recovering from my 2nd shoulder surgery in 5 months and I know how painful and emotionally draining it is.

You need a pick me up, order on line, if it needs to send it back but please get your bag, you deserve it xxx