solaitaire bezel on a chain

Caz71

O.G.
Oct 1, 2012
Last week found two bezel necklaces. Much cheaper than Tiffany. I went in today and tried them on. Sparkly. Gorgeous! HUBBY SAID NO!!! IM NOT HAPPY. white gold .19 carats 18 inch chain on sale $540 aussie dollars also same .17 for $490. Only two left. Cant layby. I compared to Tiffany but he didnt want any bar of it. The best he could say was I'll get in april for yr bday!! They will be gone by then!!!! I should have just bought it! So sad!!

Oh dear, any particular reason why he doesnt want to buy it now and give it to you in April? Perhaps he wants to get you something else?

If you really like it, and have the funds for it, have you considered just buying it for yourself?

He said if get too early for my bday then i will want something else and the fact that i want jewellery all the time. If my gold consignment jewellery wud just sell its a city pawn shop! He works hard and wants a short holiday but if i got the bezel then we cant go away. Id rather have jewellery!

He said if get too early for my bday then i will want something else and the fact that i want jewellery all the time. If my gold consignment jewellery wud just sell its a city pawn shop! He works hard and wants a short holiday but if i got the bezel then we cant go away. Id rather have jewellery!

You just said how hard your DH works and wants a vacation. Since he's not into jewelry it makes sense that he wants to go away rather than buy jewelry. Just wait for your birthday, I'm sure something else will pop up by then. I've had that panicky feeling before as well where a great deal comes up and I feel like I just HAVE to get it right then, even if its not financially responsible at the time. But in the end those rushed decisions are not good. IMO having experiences and enjoying time away together is much more important than another piece of jewelry, and it sounds important to your DH. he may resent you if you do it and that will ruin the whole happiness of getting the necklace anyway. He said you will get one in April which is not far off!

You just said how hard your DH works and wants a vacation. Since he's not into jewelry it makes sense that he wants to go away rather than buy jewelry. Just wait for your birthday, I'm sure something else will pop up by then. I've had that panicky feeling before as well where a great deal comes up and I feel like I just HAVE to get it right then, even if its not financially responsible at the time. But in the end those rushed decisions are not good. IMO having experiences and enjoying time away together is much more important than another piece of jewelry, and it sounds important to your DH. he may resent you if you do it and that will ruin the whole happiness of getting the necklace anyway. He said you will get one in April which is not far off!

hi chicmom, knowing my caring hubby he will prolly get me something that I like (in secret) and surprise me. I guess it is more the money issue at the moment (have a huge mortgage) which sucks too. Ce la vie...

re: my jewellery on consignment - Tomorrow 'Im going to ring the pawn shop and see what I can get for Cash, they are not selling, I put them in November last year. I have consigned a gold/white gold bezel pendant and a pair of gold hoops with diamonds. Consignment is all up $700 but just wondering what I can get for CASH only. I'd be happy with $400-$500. But I seriously doubt that they would pay me in Cash this much! I'd also want to go to see the dbty in Tiffany and then again the jewellery store that has the bezel necklace I want just to compare....The jewellery store one is much much bigger compared to Tiffanys!

I think you should hold off. There's a saying in Chinese that is "cheap eats the poor" in rough translation aka things that are bargain/on sale always screw people over.

The necklace might seem like a good deal vs Tiffany's but Tiffany's isn't a good deal no matter what if you're in it for the diamond solitaire look - just a brand. Besides I'm sure after a month or two, you'll eventually want to trade it in for a larger stone .19 and 17 is pretty small and you'll out grow it once the newness of it wears off. And if you get it, you'll be risking a fight with your husband - if you guys are on a tight budget, I don't think he'd appreciate you throwing money away on a consigned necklace.

I think you should hold off. There's a saying in Chinese that is "cheap eats the poor" in rough translation aka things that are bargain/on sale always screw people over.

The necklace might seem like a good deal vs Tiffany's but Tiffany's isn't a good deal no matter what if you're in it for the diamond solitaire look - just a brand. Besides I'm sure after a month or two, you'll eventually want to trade it in for a larger stone .19 and 17 is pretty small and you'll out grow it once the newness of it wears off. And if you get it, you'll be risking a fight with your husband - if you guys are on a tight budget, I don't think he'd appreciate you throwing money away on a consigned necklace.

Claudia you really have great advice! I totally agree with you on this one.

Hi girls.there is a happy ending. I ended up taking back my gold consignment jewellery. Hubby didnt want me to sell them. Was a gold with white gold bezel pendant and matching little studs. He even bought me a new gold chain. Also I was going to only get $500 but the pawn shop was selling my pendant for $1200!!! I would have been so ripped off. Hubby bought it for a grand over ten yrs ago. Will post a pic. They also had cleaned. Its so sparkly like having new jewellery!