Soft swagger leather quality

daisyorange

Jun 5, 2015
Hello soft swagger owners , I would like to get your thoughts on the quality of leather used on this bag. I just received my first soft swagger and was suprised by the leather. It does not look, feel or smell like typical coach leather. Was expecting something like soft calf leather but to me this does not even feel like leather. Do I get need to get used to it?

I have read comments on this forum about how coach leather quality is not as good as it used to be and so was wondering if this bag is an example. Please share your thoughts as I plan to buy another one if this is still good quality leather.

Hi guys , not sure if I am missing anything but it does not look like I received any responses at all from anyone which is surprising. Thought I'd follow up. Your thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks

I have the rainbow stitched swagger and just received the bandana rivet one for Christmas. Both of these are glove tanned leather. I did order the soft leather swagger so when I get that I can compare the leather. From the pictures of the soft leather ones, they look similar to the pebble leather which is a different feeling leather, it will be interesting to see how (or not) different the leathers are. Hopefully someone will chip in with their experiences.

I don't own a swagger so I can't advise. In my experience, there are very few bags that have leather that is as nice as the leather on my older Coach bags. The leather for the soft swagger is called "grain leather." This makes me think of cross grain leather, which IMO is very cheap feeling.

Thanks all, I appreciate your responses. Whateve, you are right 'cheap' is exactly the word that came to my mind. Most of my coach bags are pebbled leather or calf leather and have been happy so far. Although the soft swagger is light weight and convenient i cant seem to justify paying 600+ for it because of the leather. . I tried to return it with the hope of buying it from the sale at 50% off but found out that the return policy is only 30 days (. I m stuck with it. On the bright side, it is a comfy bag! My friend found a chalk one in clearance for $160 ! I've asked her to get it for me. Thanks again, Happy New Year all!

I have the rainbow stitched swagger and just received the bandana rivet one for Christmas. Both of these are glove tanned leather. I did order the soft leather swagger so when I get that I can compare the leather. From the pictures of the soft leather ones, they look similar to the pebble leather which is a different feeling leather, it will be interesting to see how (or not) different the leathers are. Hopefully someone will chip in with their experiences.
Thank you Chihua5, Congrats on your swaggers. They are all very good choices. Love to hear from you once you receive your soft swagger. Happy New Year!

I bought that very bag in black in the end of year sale. I really like the soft grain leather.....I like having lots of different leather "looks" and this one will be really practical I think, as well as being tactile and lightweight. I guess it's all about personal preferences, but I didn't perceive the soft grain to be of any lesser quality. Go with your gut feeling.

Hi All, I have an update for you all. I received my second soft swagger bag and it is utterly butterly soft and gorgeous. This one is from the outlet @ only a fraction of what i paid for the full price version and yet the leather quality is far better. This is my first outlet bag. My friend had to send it to me as there are no outlet stores near my place. It feels so good to get such good quality bag for less money. I obviously have no experience with outlet bags and so had no opinion about it until now but i can now understand why there are so many smart fans here for the outlet bags. Why pay more when you can get same quality bag for much less $$$? In my case higher quality :smile:

Would like to let the viewers on this thread know that you will not regret your soft swagger purchase and that you should check it out. My FP one could be just an exception. Ive soaked it in coach leather moisturizer with the hope that it is less brittle and dry. I thank everyone for your inputs. Happy New Year!!!

Hi All, I have an update for you all. I received my second soft swagger bag and it is utterly butterly soft and gorgeous. This one is from the outlet @ only a fraction of what i paid for the full price version and yet the leather quality is far better. This is my first outlet bag. My friend had to send it to me as there are no outlet stores near my place. It feels so good to get such good quality bag for less money. I obviously have no experience with outlet bags and so had no opinion about it until now but i can now understand why there are so many smart fans here for the outlet bags. Why pay more when you can get same quality bag for much less $$$? In my case higher quality :smile:

Would like to let the viewers on this thread know that you will not regret your soft swagger purchase and that you should check it out. My FP one could be just an exception. Ive soaked it in coach leather moisturizer with the hope that it is less brittle and dry. I thank everyone for your inputs. Happy New Year!!!
Congrats on your handbag!

I'm still waiting to receive my Swagger from the Coach outlet online sale. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Is the Swagger you received from the Outlet a true retail Swagger or is it the Outlet version of the swagger which is called the Blake? Can you post a picture?

f37732_dkchk_a0

Hi Chichua5, This is the bag from the coachoutlet. I looked carefully and there is no defect or any difference at all between this and the bag i received from the FP for $550 + tax. Again, this was only $160 + tax!. I hope you receive your bag son. I already started using mine today. I loaded it with a book, laptop, juice , small water bottle and my daily essentials but still it did not do anything to my shoulders.:smile:

I'm happy to hear you love the soft swagger. It's a bag that's been on my radar but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I had the soft swagger 27 with blue hardware but sold it because of the size. I'd love to see some pictures of your new beauty in action!! :smile:

Just a side note- the Swagger is a boutique bag, not a "made for factory" bag. Sometimes Coach sends bags to the outlet that didn't sell very well in boutiques. You can definitely find some good scores at the outlets! $162 is a steal for the bag you bought!