Soft Large Boroughs Nappa vs Vachetta leather

sjh630

May 5, 2007
I am planning on getting a large soft borough and can't decide between the Nappa Leather (olive gray) or the Vachetta leather ( espresso edge paint). Does anyone know if one leather is much heavier than the other or scratches more easily or is slouchier? I would appreciate any info possible on these leather types! Thanks so much!

Hi, I don't have the vachetta, but I'm guessing the leather's lighter than the nappa, but scratches more easily. If you look closely on the online pictures of the vachetta, it has scratches already-however, some may prefer the more vintage-y leather look, so it's all up to the individual.

I heard from one of my Coach SA's that vachetta leather is more delicate in general; I would recommend the large olive grey one in nappa. I tried my stuff in it and it is extremely lightweight, much more so than the regular large boroughs.

Thanks all for your advice! Thank you BonBonz for your offer to check them out on Tuesday! I would greatly appreciate that and if you could try and compare that weight I would be very grateful!

I have both, although I don't know if the olive on the website is the same as the large soft in earth I ordered a few months ago when it was a pilot bag.

I find the vachetta to be softer and slouchier than my LB in earth. The vachetta is also distressed from the get go, the finish is done so it does look somewhat weathered. If you can see it in person before making a decision I think that would be best. I personally like that over time the vachetta bag will show a bit of age. It is something you will have to be careful with, probably do a bit more conditioning if you get a scratch here and there. I'm debating a coating of obenauf's one of these days however I don't use this bag daily.

Can't really say which is lighter, when I carry either of these I usually have them full of stuff, haha.

I love the look of the vachetta bag. The espresso-loganberry one reminds me of a beautiful dark, weathered bomber jacket, only much lighter leather probably. I have not seen them in person yet however.

BonBonz I would also really love and appreciate an in-person comparison. :smile:I was never a borough fan last year. I thought they were too plain and I didn't like the zippers. Both problems are now "solved" and I love my new black grommet soft borough bag and plan on picking up at least one more soft borough this fall. :cool:

I have both, although I don't know if the olive on the website is the same as the large soft in earth I ordered a few months ago when it was a pilot bag.

I find the vachetta to be softer and slouchier than my LB in earth. The vachetta is also distressed from the get go, the finish is done so it does look somewhat weathered. If you can see it in person before making a decision I think that would be best. I personally like that over time the vachetta bag will show a bit of age. It is something you will have to be careful with, probably do a bit more conditioning if you get a scratch here and there. I'm debating a coating of obenauf's one of these days however I don't use this bag daily.

Can't really say which is lighter, when I carry either of these I usually have them full of stuff, haha.
Any idea if they are going to issue this bag in black?