Soft Caviar owners--how are the bags holding up?

viciel

Glendarroch
O.G.
Nov 9, 2006
I've browsing on fleabay and several soft caviar bags (used) look in the pictures like the leather's warping, and ripples throughout the bag, and the diamonds created by the stitching are caving, as if they're some 20 year old vintage lambskin bags. Is this normal signs of wear on a soft caviar bag (already?)

Soft caviar bag owners---how are your bags holding up?

I got my bag at the beginning of January and didn't really start using it until mid January, but the end of February the corners were already so worn that they were no longer black, more like a light grey. I don't exactly use and abuse this bag either, I don't baby it but it goes from a table in my hall way to work where it sits on my desk all day and then home again.

I got my bag at the beginning of January and didn't really start using it until mid January, but the end of February the corners were already so worn that they were no longer black, more like a light grey. I don't exactly use and abuse this bag either, I don't baby it but it goes from a table in my hall way to work where it sits on my desk all day and then home again.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that!!! What bag is it if you don't mind my asking... I was eyeing the half moon woc (washed caviar) but now I'm having second thoughts...

Hello Gals...i'm a bit confused so if someone can clarify this, i would greatly appreciate it...

does the Classic M/L flap come in soft caviar?

If so, do I need to specify to the SA that i want the "regular" caviar?

How can I tell the difference b/t regular and soft caviar?

thanks!

Reactions: Namwan-
I have several new GST in the washed/soft caviar -- because the old rigid caviar is no longer available --- and within weeks/months of carrying them, they take on the appearance of my old GST which is close to 25 years old! If you buy one you have to be ok with soft and slouchy ...

yeah... definitely sounds "worse" than lambskin. i've been using my lambskin mini for a few months now and it still looks pristine.

jeNYC yes, i think some colors do come in washed/soft caviar in size m/l. but that's only for certain colors, (like fushia and blue fonce from 09) so if you're picking permanent colors, you don't have to worry, most of them should come in regular caviar. the washed caviar looks not as rigid and boxy as the regular one.

Last edited:
Oh no! Sorry to hear that!!! What bag is it if you don't mind my asking... I was eyeing the half moon woc (washed caviar) but now I'm having second thoughts...

It's a tote bag, don't know the name since it looks like a classic but is not from the classic line. Sort of shaped like the Cerf only quilted and much larger.