Soft bottom-Hold Me?????

vixnkitten

Bag problem? Who me?
O.G.
Jun 18, 2007
I know, I know, sounds like a personal add...."I have a soft, droopy, bottom, would someone please Hold Me????"

Anyway, was wondering what you all thought of this concept and if anyone had ordered a bag with a soft bottom, if so, are there pictures???

Thanx!

I asked for my TME to have a soft bottom and it does. I'm not sure whether the normal bottoms on the TME are soft anyway. I, too, would love to see a photo of a hold me with a soft bottom.

I asked for my TME to have a soft bottom and it does. I'm not sure whether the normal bottoms on the TME are soft anyway. I, too, would love to see a photo of a hold me with a soft bottom.

What do you think of the soft bottom, er base? :smile: I like my bags slouchy, I wonder if this might be an option to choose in the future (I'm mostly a LM Midi gal). How soft are they compared to the regular ... is there much of a difference?

I have been having camera problems and unfortunately can't take a photo of the base now! But I did post some photos in the modelling thread earlier. The base doesn't outwardly appear any different to the harder one in my TMA, but I'm able to completely scrunch it together without forming a crease, after which it springs back to the original flatness. When I load it up too much, I get the localised appearance of slight bulges from the base (like the alien being birthed from its host...yes...I'm watching that at the moment!) as opposed to the cardboard base where the base tends to slant down and ends in a crease.

As I mentioned, I'm no expert on ...bottoms. I don't have any other TMEs to compare mine too....all I know is that it is a much softer bottom than my TMAs, like thickened leather. There does seem to be a bottom though, not a complete absence of one - the latter is what I think would be interesting looking for the hold me.

OMG Vix, totally had to post to say hi when I saw your thread! Guess we've both been behaving if we haven't been on here for awhile, lol...
The bottom of my Hold Me has smooshed up super nice so maybe they all get that way with lots of use? Hmmmm....I think I prefer a soft bottom for a HM too. :smile:

Hey Vix

Our friend dogdoc is ordering a Hold Me without base. So you should wait to see hers before making decision. I think her bag will be made after the atelier comes back from vacation.

The maxi Hold me in Clementine has a soft base. And with this model and leather I find it the best!
Whereas my regular Hold me's have a more structured base, which suits my needs, since I mostly use them for shopping.
I also think it depends on the type of leather; I would prefer the matte to have a even stronger base, because they are not so supple as the pebbled leathers. Again it depends what you want to use your bag for.

Thanks Bonnie....could you please take pix for me???

GGP-I MISS you....:hugs::smooch: BTW-did I tell you I am heading your way next summer for 2 weeks????? Email me!!!

SR-well, it looks like I may be in the hunt for a purple bag AGAIN....I might join you in the DPPG Hold Me bespoke. I need to see Dogdocs bag!!! What color is she getting??

And Bonnie....you have both a Dark purple pebbled glossy and a dark purple matte bag right??? Would you mind taking side-by-side pix for me?? You are my leather swatch guru! If it exists, I know you have it!

Yay, I would love to have you join the purple pebbled luxe Hold Me bespoke. Dogdoc is getting one in pearlised mustard, I think. It's probably not going to be here until Sep or Oct though, due to the atelier vacation.

I am interested in this idea, as well. The only thing I don't 100% love about the Hold Me pics is the way the square base kind of sticks out if you put it on your shoulder. I am very curious to see it with a softer base.

glamourgirlpink, what color is the LM in your avatar? That is gorgeous!