Sofia Coppola (SC) Club

It seems I keep striking out when it comes to this bag and the colors. I actually purchased 2 as I could not decide between the cherry red and white so I purchased both so I could see the color in person and return the one I did not want. I get what I thought was the white today (it is called milk) and it is not white at all but instead an ivory color. I researched this thread prior to buying as there were a ton of what looked like white options for this bag. Many were more off white or taupe/ ivory and I thought milk was LV's version of white (based on photos I have seen) but nope, sadly it is not so I am now 0 for 2 on this bag. The leather and colors do not translate well on photos making it nearly impossible to shop online for. If anyone knows what the true white color name is for this bag that would be great to know for the future.
If it is Jasper you are quite lucky because they didn't make it in the pm size until recently so it is a newer bag and not very common in the resale market.

While Jasper is a nice color and bag is in excellent condition it is just not for me. Other than black, I like bright colored bags and Jasper is too muted for me so she is going back. :sad: The cherry was the color I fell in love with so I will have to wait it out and hope to find another one soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.JPG
    IMG_3974.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 874
It seems I keep striking out when it comes to this bag and the colors. I actually purchased 2 as I could not decide between the cherry red and white so I purchased both so I could see the color in person and return the one I did not want. I get what I thought was the white today (it is called milk) and it is not white at all but instead an ivory color. I researched this thread prior to buying as there were a ton of what looked like white options for this bag. Many were more off white or taupe/ ivory and I thought milk was LV's version of white (based on photos I have seen) but nope, sadly it is not so I am now 0 for 2 on this bag. The leather and colors do not translate well on photos making it nearly impossible to shop online for. If anyone knows what the true white color name is for this bag that would be great to know for the future.

While Jasper is a nice color and bag is in excellent condition it is just not for me. Other than black, I like bright colored bags and Jasper is too muted for me so she is going back. :sad: The cherry was the color I fell in love with so I will have to wait it out and hope to find another one soon.

I think milk was a white as they came. I have cream which has gold hardware. It's even less white. I don't think they made a pure white. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing wrong with the SC to me is that they didn't make more colors. I love them all.

Reactions: CapriTrotteur
It is a PM and yes I think you may be right that it is Jasper which I had never heard of before. I think they mislabeled the color where I purchased it. I took the photo in a shadow because that is the only way to capture the purses true color as in regular lighting it looks much brighter in photo than it actually is in person. Anyone else with feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I am going to my local LV store today to see if they can confirm the color but I find purse forum members to be more knowledgeable than them!
what is the date code on this SC? Jasper was released in the PM size in 2016 - it has goldtone hardware.

I agree with PPup I am sure too that milk is as white as they did in SC, and it wasn't really white but more of an ivory colour.
It is a very nice shade however and maybe a little less harsh than white.
As vivebag also said Cherry came with initially GHW then with SHW.
There could well have been a shade difference in these models.
The GHW came out around 2011/2012 I believe and wasn't a pillar box red, more of a rich red but not as dark as a burgundy which was more like the Jasper.
I am not sure from your pictures that yours is Jasper, it doesn't look "brown" enough in my opinion.
I think it probably is Cherry but obviously not the shade you were hoping for.
Also, maybe the colour has changed being preloved, can it have faded or gotten dirty etc to change the original hue?

I think milk was a white as they came. I have cream which has gold hardware. It's even less white. I don't think they made a pure white. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing wrong with the SC to me is that they didn't make more colors. I love them all.

what is the date code on this SC? Jasper was released in the PM size in 2016 - it has goldtone hardware.

So I went to LV last night and even though the SA was there for both Jasper and Cherry release she could not determine what color the purse was so she was not much help. This reminds me of that viral debate a while back on the dress that some thought was black and others thought was gold lol. In the photo I posted the hardware looks silver but it is in fact gold. So weird how colors can get so distorted in photos. When I get home today I will look at date code and post it here.

In regards to the white, according to the SA they had a color named Blanc which was the whitest shade they had. I saw it on her reference website they use but I have never seen any actual photos of it or posts on here about it. I am thinking it would be pretty impossible to find on consignment so I am giving up on finding this bag in a true white and will focus my hunt on the true cherry color. Thanks for all your feedback ladies. The information on when color/hardware combinations came out has been very helpful and hopefully when I see the date code it will help solve this mystery!

So I went to LV last night and even though the SA was there for both Jasper and Cherry release she could not determine what color the purse was so she was not much help. This reminds me of that viral debate a while back on the dress that some thought was black and others thought was gold lol. In the photo I posted the hardware looks silver but it is in fact gold. So weird how colors can get so distorted in photos. When I get home today I will look at date code and post it here.

In regards to the white, according to the SA they had a color named Blanc which was the whitest shade they had. I saw it on her reference website they use but I have never seen any actual photos of it or posts on here about it. I am thinking it would be pretty impossible to find on consignment so I am giving up on finding this bag in a true white and will focus my hunt on the true cherry color. Thanks for all your feedback ladies. The information on when color/hardware combinations came out has been very helpful and hopefully when I see the date code it will help solve this mystery!

There was a really bright red called Corail released in SC a number of years ago. It was pretty vibrant, so i wonder if maybe that color was the one you remember? Good luck with your hunt on the resale market! The SC is still one of LV's best bags ever.

Reactions: laurennicole726
Hi Ladies-

So I fell in love with the SC bag a few years back when I visited an LV store. I remember the red being a bright beautiful red. I was able to buy one on consignment recently in what I thought was the same bright red I had fallen in love with. I got it today in the mail and it is a dull red and not bright beautiful red I remember. Website says it is cherry red . Did this bag come in different shades of red or is my memory of the one I saw years ago just not accurate? Please help!View attachment 3649074

I think it is cherry
I have the clutch in cherry and it looks similar shade indoors... outside in bright sun it is more vivid shade of red.

IMG_4786.JPG IMG_4787.JPG IMG_4788.JPG

Reactions: laurennicole726
There was a really bright red called Corail released in SC a number of years ago. It was pretty vibrant, so i wonder if maybe that color was the one you remember? Good luck with your hunt on the resale market! The SC is still one of LV's best bags ever.
I agree I think it is a mix up with corail and cherry as corail was a pop colour
When I am home I will take a photo of corail v cherry

Hi Ladies-

So I fell in love with the SC bag a few years back when I visited an LV store. I remember the red being a bright beautiful red. I was able to buy one on consignment recently in what I thought was the same bright red I had fallen in love with. I got it today in the mail and it is a dull red and not bright beautiful red I remember. Website says it is cherry red . Did this bag come in different shades of red or is my memory of the one I saw years ago just not accurate? Please help!View attachment 3649074

I have a cherry and I am pretty sure yours is a cherry, not a jasper. Mine also looks deep red in darker lighting. Can you post a pic in brighter lighting to confirm?

According to the date code, since it was produced in 2012, it's Cherry -- Jasper PM wasn't produced until 2016. I've owned both Cherry and Jasper -- yours looks like Cherry to me -- it's gorgeous!!

I am sure this has been explained in the past on here but can you explain how you know the production year based on the date code or direct me to the thread where this is explained?

So I went to another LV store over the weekend and they had a few knowledgeable SA's there and they confirmed the color is Jasper. They also told me Jasper was first released in 2009. SA also confirmed cherry is a brighter red as I remembered. Thanks to all for your feedback!