Sofia Coppola bag sent for repair - 1 year delay announced!?

samouu

O.G.
Jun 3, 2011
Hi LV'overs,

Yesterday, I went to LV and ordered a shoulder strap for my Sofia Coppola PM blue cobalt because I lost the initial one.

Also, with the SA we noticed that the glazing on the handles were peeling... So she charged for the shoulder strap but did not charge for the glazing as it seemed to be a defect. Initially, the SA gave me 8 weeks delay but this morning my usual SA called and explained that it should take up to a year for the repair! :wtf: Reasons are that this model is discontinued, it will take some time to re-do the glazing and order the right material for the shoulder strap to be made... I did not know what to say in the moment as I have no choice but to repair this bag... :frown:

I was wondering if anyone else received such a long repair frame notice? I live in Europe, so shipping to France from my boutique isn't the problem. However I find 1 year to be very long for a glazing repair and a shoulder strap to be made...

I can live without the bag for a year but now I wonder if the bag wasn't defective and part of the "recall"? Maybe I could have asked for an exchange or something? I would prefer that option than waiting a whole year for my bag (hopefully) to come back.

Thanks a lot for anyone's that would be able to chime in here :heart:

Repairs for item length of time have gone up for sure. I was told 20 weeks for my Pocket Organizer. Also for anything else from my CA.

It took a FULL year to repair a freaking wallet made in US. 8 months for the bag (Artsy). Also made in the US. Kinda ridiculous with lack of communication.

It would be time consuming, but I’d start at the beginning of that recall thread and see if it was on there or if others had issues and stated they got a credit. That way you can have some info to state your case on having a recalled bag. I bought the Pouchette Métis when it very first came out in 2014 never had any issues until summer 2018 when I noticed the glaze had cracked almost around the whole flap. This was right before the recall. They sent it off and did a reglaze for free. Then the recall. I got a call that this bag and another one of my bags was recalled. I told her they had just reglazed it a few months prior. She said this was not a one time offer and that if it does it again or even if I have any issues whether it’s soon or a couple of years it’s defective and the company knows this and I should have no problems getting a store credit or new bag. Fast forward to 2021 and the glaze had chipped in two areas. New management, new SA’s and my SA took a higher position in the company and no one there new anything about the recall!! So I still had the voicemail saved and she ok’d a new Pouchette Métis. This was only after she tried to tell me they could reglaze but they were going to charge me $300. That’s when I said “No. This is a recalled bag and y’all need to figure this out, but I’m not paying more money not being stuck with a defective bag.” She relented after a few phone calls, but none of them had been there long enough to know about the recall. I’m guessing because of the pandemic and people left and then new hires. Just have some facts ready and of course be polite, but just be ready to say LV needs to make this right. I’m sure it will work in your favor. Best wishes!!!

I just sent in a repair for my empreinte in the go mm. Straps were coming apart. They told me 8 months or they would just send me a new one. I was like, what!? So I obviously took a new one. No charge. Fine for a bag still in production but not a solution for those that aren’t!

Reactions: samouu
Oh well I went back to my SA and asked her what could be done and it seems like the only option is to wait a year...reason is that the bag is not in production anymore and the strap would have to be created from scratch...She said she will update me as soon as there are news from the "Atelier" in Paris. I hope that it will be done soon as I really love that bag and I would like to enjoy wearing it :nuts:

It seems like the strap is the bit that you have to wait a year for, as I imagine they don’t have the cachemire leather anymore so they have to source it from a tannery. If you’re not in a rush for the strap, I imagine they can fix the glazing relatively quickly!

Hi everyone!

It seems I finally have the opportunity to purchase my dream bag: the SC MM in Cobalt. Unfortunately, it comes without a strap...

@samouu Did you get the new strap for your bag in the end? May I also ask you how much you got charged for it?

Has anyone else had success in getting a new strap for their SC bag?

I really, really want to purchase this bag - it's in good condition, a decent price AND it's actually located in my country! - but I know I will need a strap. I'm open to alternatives that would match the Cobalt colour though!

Thank you folks. :smile: