Sofia Copolla bag

Hi all, been quietly lurking here for some time. I've been planning my first LV purchase(s). I'm totally smitten with the Sofia Copolla bag, particularly the one in creme. I looked at it in the shop and tried it on, I love it! The price is a bit scary though, but then again I'm not in love with any other bag except this one.

My only concern is the potential for stains on the bag. Does anyone have the SC bag in creme and noticed and issue with this? I was thinking maybe I should get the cobalt instead for this reason. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you!

I'm not 100% certain, but I think there is a colour transfer issue with this bag. If you wear it and it rubs up against your jeans, then the blue from your jeans coudl transfer onto the bag... I would rather get a darker colour.

Not sure about the color transfer issue. But fot this amount of $, I won't get an easily-dirtied color. Better to get a darker color, so you get more mileage out of the bag.
If you are going for the original size, try jasper or chocolat.
I got the colbalt in PM size, it's fantastic.

I agree with the previous posters. No matter how careful you are, it's bound to happen particularly if you wear a lot of denim and they've not been washed 5-10 times before. I'd opt for Cobalt, plus you can wear it all year round then too.

wearing darker colours will ruin the bag.
i have had some colour tranfer on my mono sc from diverse clothes.due to good pre treatment of the vachetta i got if all off but the cream will be very risky. if you have your heart set on her then, maybe just consider wearing her in the summer with very light clothes and constant pampering.

Thank you everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated! I am certain I would be utterly devastated to get one stain on the creme one so you are all right, best to avoid it altogether or I'd be too nervous to take her out anywhere.

The cobalt colour is gorgeous and I really love the PM size. Mmmm...

Does anyone even have the creme? I have not seen any sightings or any posted here. I think you might have some color transfer issues if you wear new, very dark jeans, but I haven't had any issues with my monogram SC/vachetta and I carry it with a longer strap so it hits lower. A darker color would be "safer" but the creme is lovely!

I played with the creme one in the boutique. Somehow I feel that the leather doesn't have tat 'posh, classy' feel to it like the other colors do.
Tat's just me?!

I agree with the other posters - you cant go wrong wif the cobalt or choc.

@ Minteva: Really? I have to admit I haven't touched the other colours of the SC bag to make a comparison. Interesting though I'll try it out!

I have made up my mind though, will be aiming for the SC bag in cobalt!

I am currently in Paris so purchase should be soon.... :graucho:

I am a little alarmed at another post I read here though, are they seriously enforcing a one piece per person rule in Paris? That would be really disappointing as I was also planning to buy a zippy vernis in bleu nuit and maybe a cles too! I'll have to pop into the store and ask a sales assistant.

I think the 1 pce / person rule is true. My friend was in Paris 2 wks ago, that's where he bought my SC bag.
I hope ur travelling wif some1, so u can get another item.
Hehe, great minds think alike, i actually bought the blue nuit zipy to match the cobalt.
Gd luck!

Hihi,

I was in Paris from 1st Dec to 3rd Dec. Before that I was in Italy.

In Italy (Rome, Florence, Milan), the "rule" seems to be much more lenient. The Florence SA who served me was really friendly. Seeing that I was really looking towards buying 1 leather bag, 1 Sunshine bag and 1 leather wallet, she went asking her manager for permission to allow me to buy all these 3 items. And I was allowed to have all 3 items but I didn't have enough cash that day to buy all 3 hence I only bought the leather wallet. And since I didn't have enough time to go back to the shop the next day, I went to Paris to buy the Sofia Coppola bag in Jasper! :biggrin:

In Paris, it was strictly 2 leather goods (1 bag + 1 wallet). I do not think they allow 2 bags. It must be 1 bag + 1 wallet. BE nice to the SA. I believe they can "bend" the rule a little.

Jasper is a little delicate. I accidentally got a speck of chocolate onto the bag and I got a baby wipe immediately to wipe it gently and the wipe got a little red color on it! The little spot becomes a little dark. After a day, the little darkish spot faded. Unless you look really closely, you can't really see it. But I guess cobalt will not have such problem!

Alright PICTURE time!

NOTE: I'm not a very faithful LV customer. But I just can't help it. Prada Denim Bear just looked so good with Jasper!

But I have learnt my lesson with Prada. It will be the First and LAST prada bag I will ever buy. Long story....I will stick with LV from now on!

Enjoy the picture!

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 547
@ Minteva: Haha seriously you got the zippy in bleu nuit? Awesome. That zippy would have to be the first piece of LV I fell in love with and I'm really excited about finally owning one. I think my heart seriously did a flutter when I looked at it in the store. The photos on the website just don't do it justice!

@ Chokoreto02: Thank you so much for clarifying the purchasing rules for me. If they are allowing a bag plus a wallet then that should be ok then. Your jasper SC bag is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much for sharing a pic. I'm also curious what happened with your Prada bag?