Social "Correctness"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I spoke too soon. Disagreement doesn't mean dislike, that's true. But when there's so much anger and strife, having a happy place to come to is just fine in my book. I don't think there are a lot of fake people on here. I am good at sniffing that kind of thing out, and I think what a lot of people have been saying is that there is a way to say things that still get the blunt point across but aren't considered rude. And some people are just wusses and cant' handle any honesty. Go to Relationships and Family and see some of the threads...no matter how 'nice' you are, some people get offended just because you don't agree with them. That pisses me off more than rudeness because it just perpetuates ignorance.

I think that people have different definitions of what 'rude' is, but as long as you craft your statements with the word 'respect' in the back of your mind, not many people will find you to be rude or dishonest.

BTW, I'm a sister ;) The dude in my avatar is my husband :roflmfao:

LOL! Sorry sister I was sure it was your brother. Now I know I get your point and I am not even going to argue with you because I agree with much of what you are saying especially the second part of your post. I made the mistake in my definition but really all I meant is being blunt not RUDE. The problem is too many people in our society confuse rudeness with bluntness. Also I do think that much of the mainstream folks are fake or leading superficial lives (having 10 Hermes handbags and wanting 5 more while millions of children in Africa are dying). We all are to some extent. It's not entirely our fault but it s our fault because we allowed this to happen to us out of our ignorance and selfishness.

LOL! Sorry sister I was sure it was your brother. Now I know I get your point and I am not even going to argue with you because I agree with much of what you are saying especially the second part of your post. I made the mistake in my definition but really all I meant is being blunt not RUDE. The problem is too many people in our society confuse rudeness with bluntness. Also I do think that much of the mainstream folks are fake or leading superficial lives (having 10 Hermes handbags and wanting 5 more while millions of children in Africa are dying). We all are to some extent. It's not entirely our fault but it s our fault because we allowed this to happen to us out of our ignorance and selfishness.

:popcorn:

Dont forget MOST of those people who own all of those bags, they donate a LOT of money to charity. Just because people have the $$ to spend on things doesnt make them fake or superficial(I agree, some are, but not all), some of them have bigger hearts than the people running around with Wal Mart bags.

ETA: Why the hell would you criticize someone's bag choice on a PURSE forum?

1) a lot of topics are inappropriate for a forum that's open to all ages. TPF has a lot of young kids who are members.

Oh really now! Have you been to Relationships & Family section? Have you read some of the topics on there? They sure are appropriate to all ages ... Obviously you are trying too hard to win this argument instead of understanding where am I coming from.

and 2) like I said before, a lot of people get irrelevant and say completely unnecessary things in respect to a thread. This is a purse forum with a few other off-topic subforums. It's not a political or religious forum. That's good enough reason not to discuss those topics. Other than that, I feel quite free to discuss whatever I want. I don't see why you don't feel the same way.

This begs the question if you moderate everything that people WANT TO SAY but CAN'T then what kind of example are you teaching everyone else. You can’t always speak your mind even if you want to because there is always someone above the law who will shut you up, who will take your rights away, who will make you behave and speak by their rules. That’s precisely what the governments of this world are doing to people. We live by their model and incorporate all of it into our life. We behave and speak in certain ways because we have been programmed by mass media and educational system who is once again controlled by people who do not have your best interest at heart. This is not some conspiracy theory this is truly what’s taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.