Sob! Chanel's STOLEN..... my fault:(

well, if I see someone on the corner of SF peddling chanel bags with your bags descriptions or if they pop up on either craigs list SF or on ebay with low start price..then you know who the culprit is!! may I ask what district your car was parked at when this happened?
so sorry this happened to you, hopefully you can work with your insurance.

Reading your experience brings me to tears. Just the magnitude of your loss is astounding. I'd expect this sort of thing to happen in NY, Baltimore (my home town), but not SF. Granted I lived in the Bay Area the 70s and used to leave our door unlocked and go out. So sad to hear the city has changed for the worse. Am hoping you have your authenticity cards still. I, too, thought of Ebay resale. It's probably a male who did the theivery and will want to resell. Wouldn't it be grand to catch the bstd that way. My heart goes out to you. Thanks for being brave and sharing with us. Perhaps it will make us more paranoid -- er aware of our surroundings.

Oh Hun, the city has definitely changed for the worse...I feel like I cant even walk down a street block without clutching to my belonging's or having people follow me. I even was once hit my a mans crane because he wanted money for drugs and I said I didnt have any && I really didnt...the city has definitely gone to the **** hole. But I still love it, its my fav haha

I am so sorry to hear that happened!

But, handbags are just "things" and can be replaced. Thank God, you weren't robbed of these things while you were in the car.

And what a sweet hubby you have replacing some already!

wow..what an absolutely lousy thing to happen during your trip! but it's true, at least both you and your hubby are safe and these thieves didn't try something more brazen. I know you've already started replacing your belongings, so I hope things only get better from here!

i am so sorry that happened to you.
I would cry if that happened to me. Actually i did once take off my tiffany bracelet and pu t in my jacket when I went through airport secuirty. And then I got on plane, and forgot it. It was after three days I remembered that I have my bracelet somewhere...But, I can't find it anymore!!!!!!
That was a gift from my first bf. I cried for thewhole night!!
Again, i am so so sorry.

this is so horrible to hear. i hope everything works out for you. i hate to say it but when i go to san francisco during the evening/nite i try to take my cheaper bags because im scared someone is gonna grab my chanels!

its really sad that people steal what others have worked hard for. i know i would be devasted if someone stole my bags. my prayers are with you girl.

Pretty sad, though my fault.:shame:

Was visiting the US, San Fran, my favorite city, for about 10 days.
Left stuff in rental car trunk and made the second mistake of opening the trunk in the same place I parked it, which I never ever ever do.:yucky:

Lovely, upscale and residential part of san fran, but folks must have been watching me open the trunk to remove something, because in the middle of the night they took everything....
Of course I know never to leave stuff again, but I am so sad:crybaby:and mad at myself too.:censor:

In addition to my luggage(!) they took 1) my Medium Red Patent Luxe ligne bowler, 2) my Ultimate Soft Large/Medium non-quilted, 3) my Vintage Ligne Square Bowler in Burgundy (ebay just arrived) and a departure from my norm, 4) the large size cognac Gucci Hobo (just mailed to me on a charge send).

Yes, yes, why were these in the trunk that night? I KNOW!!

Was leaving soon and saw myself being organized and packing/planning ahead, loaded the stuff at a separate location, several miles away, but opened the trunk to retrieve something much later at the parked location.

DH was lovely. He helped replace the first 2 immediately from Chanel SF and Neimans' SF respectively.The rest I will wait for. Checking to see what insurance covers, filed a police report etc...back home now.

Silly mistake and kicking myself over and over again......:sad:
I'm so sorry this happened to you