Soak Off Gel Exchange - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunnerGal1

O.G.
Aug 6, 2010
Ok everyone - we talked about getting a third round of the SOG exhange going after the New Year. So that I can manage it before school starts up again, I'd like to go ahead and get the sign-ups going. Unless there are objections, we'll keep the same rules as last round with the addition of one change... unfortunately no exchanges for Gelac and Gelez polishes as they have a known issue for drying out.

I'd like to close the sign-ups at 12 am EST on January 6, 2012 with the intent of getting the box off either on Jan 6th or 7th. Post suggested changes to Rules on the thread, or PM me with your state of residence (only) if you'd like to sign up. I don't keep prior emails once the round has completed, so for those of you who have participated in the past, be sure to let me know the state where you are residing.

SOG Exchange Rules governing Round 3:

1. This is a U.S. participants only swap.

2. This exchange is limited to Soak-off-gel polish in the bottles only. Sorry, no Axxium, ECO or other pot-style gels. Also excluded are IBD Gelac and Ez-Flow Gelez brand polishes as they have known issues with drying out. The new IBD and Ez-Flow SOG polishes are included.

3. You must replace each polish that you take with a polish. No limit on the amount that can be exchanged provided that Rules 4 and 5 are followed. Must adhere to the minimum of 1 for 1 but feel free to donate extra if you like.

4. Neutrals can ONLY be exchanged for another neutral*. You may exchange a color for another color or a neutral. In no case should a color be taken out and a neutral returned in its place unless you have the permission of the swap organizer.

*Neutrals are defined as: sheer pinks and beiges/French manicure colors/skintone or nude colors, all regardless of finish. Examples include, but are not limited to, Gelish: Simple Sheer, Bashful, Ambience, Little Princess, Sheek/Sleek White, Snow Bunny, Need A Tan, Vanilla Silk, Moroccan Nights; GELeration: Sweet Breath, Blush, Beautiful, Wedding Gown; Artistic Color Gloss: Posh, Purity, Innocence, Precious, Luscious, Seductive; Shellac: Beau, Negligee, Romantique, Cream Puff. "Neutrals" do not include clear bases with glitter, such as Gelish: Bronzed, June Bride, Waterfield; Geleration: Starlet: Artistic Color Gloss: Princess, Karma, Halo, Dazzled, Bling Bling, etc.

5. No more than 2 bottles of any one color should be in the box at any time , including duplicates in other brands, and only one bottle of any "neutral" including its dupes. For example, if there are already 2 bottles of Gelish Midnight Caller in the box (or 1 bottle of Midnight Caller and one bottle of GELeration Mystic – a MC dupe), you cannot take a polish out and put in a third bottle of Midnight Caller or a second bottle of Mystic as your exchange. But if there are two bottles of Shellac Fedora and one bottle of Gelish Midnight Caller, you could select a bottle of Shellac Fedora and put in a bottle of Gelish Midnight Caller or GELeration Mystic as your exchange. If there was one bottle of Gelish Little Princess, you could not put a second bottle of Little Princess in or a bottle of its dupe, GELeration Sweet Breath.

6. Polishes must be 75% full or more.

7. We will ship in a medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation. Shipping price should be the same for everyone that way.

8. Must re-ship within 3-4 days. Please keep to this schedule so that the box moves along in a timely manner.

9. MUST post the names of the polishes (along with the name of tPFer who donated it) that you choose and, if possible, a picture of swatches of the colors. This keeps the excitement up for the participants as they can both see new colors that they may not be exposed to as well as have the satisfaction of knowing that their polishes found new homes.

10. There will be stickers in the box; please put your tPF username on a sticker and put it on the polishes that you add to the box. You may have to secure the sticker with tape so they don't fall off during the round. If we run out of stickers during the Round, feel free to replace or make some out of paper and tape.

11. There will be a chart in the box to write down the names of the polishes that you select and mark the ones that you remove.

12. Please swatch any color you are adding to the box that has not been previously swatched. Nail wheels will be provided in the box. This allows everyone to see (in person) colors that may have been selected by other participants for their reference.

13. If the box is getting close to your name and you anticipate being away for a trip or vacation, please inform me in case we need to remove you from the list or move your name. But please let’s try to prevent this by letting me know when you signup if you plan to be away.

Finally (and most importantly), we must all be individually accountable for both following the rules and for making this exchange work. Please be mindful that your participation affects others after you, so be thoughtful in what you take and what you give. You should be proud and excited to send off the box, knowing that it will bring excitement and happiness to a fellow tPFer.

I'm in. I'm in FL. :smile:

I have also had the original Supernail Gelous polishes dry up on me, so not sure if you want to limit those as well. The new one is called Supernail ProGel. I've never had any problem with my two Gelez though.

Also, you might want to add something about the gelish mini's/RCM in the rules. We did 2 minis to a full size last time, but didn't we say we were going to make those 1:1 as well now, since they really aren't any cheaper?

I'm in. I'm in FL. :smile:

I have also had the original Supernail Gelous polishes dry up on me, so not sure if you want to limit those as well. The new one is called Supernail ProGel. I've never had any problem with my two Gelez though.

Also, you might want to add something about the gelish mini's/RCM in the rules. We did 2 minis to a full size last time, but didn't we say we were going to make those 1:1 as well now, since they really aren't any cheaper?

Count me in....I'm in PA.

Also was going to ask about the RCMs but FK beat me to it. What's the rule on those?

Thanks for organizing!

Right... I forgot about the minis. Unless anyone has heartbreak over it, I'd say yeah, 1:1 regardless of size. I personally find that I like the minis better anyway as I've not used any one of my polishes more than twice since I have so many, and space has become a big issue for me. And the Gelish minis are still bigger than the Shellac which has always been 1:1.

Changes below, in red, based on feedback above. Anything else to address?

SOG Exchange Rules governing Round 3:

1. This is a U.S. participants only swap.

2. This exchange is limited to Soak-off-gel polish in the bottles only. Sorry, no Axxium, ECO or other pot-style gels. Also excluded are IBD Gelac, Ez-Flow Gelez, and Supernail Gelous brand polishes as they have known issues with drying out. The new "pure gel" IBD, Ez-Flow, and SuperNail SOG polishes are allowed in the exchange.

3. This is a 1:1 swap, regardless of the size of the bottle of polish. You must replace each polish that you take with a polish (feel free to donate extras if you like), but no limit on the amount that can be exchanged provided that Rules 4 and 5 are followed. So whether you have a "mini" Gelish (or the RCM), a Shellac or a "professional size" Gelish, it's all a 1:1 swap.

4. Neutrals can ONLY be exchanged for another neutral*. You may exchange a color for another color or a neutral. In no case should a color be taken out and a neutral returned in its place unless you have the permission of the swap organizer.

*Neutrals are defined as: sheer pinks and beiges/French manicure colors/skintone or nude colors, all regardless of finish. Examples include, but are not limited to, Gelish: Simple Sheer, Bashful, Ambience, Little Princess, Sheek/Sleek White, Snow Bunny, Need A Tan, Vanilla Silk, Moroccan Nights; GELeration: Sweet Breath, Blush, Beautiful, Wedding Gown; Artistic Color Gloss: Posh, Purity, Innocence, Precious, Luscious, Seductive; Shellac: Beau, Negligee, Romantique, Cream Puff. "Neutrals" do not include clear bases with glitter, such as Gelish: Bronzed, June Bride, Waterfield; Geleration: Starlet: Artistic Color Gloss: Princess, Karma, Halo, Dazzled, Bling Bling, etc.

5. No more than 2 bottles of any one color should be in the box at any time , including duplicates in other brands, and only one bottle of any "neutral" including its dupes. For example, if there are already 2 bottles of Gelish Midnight Caller in the box (or 1 bottle of Midnight Caller and one bottle of GELeration Mystic – a MC dupe), you cannot take a polish out and put in a third bottle of Midnight Caller or a second bottle of Mystic as your exchange. But if there are two bottles of Shellac Fedora and one bottle of Gelish Midnight Caller, you could select a bottle of Shellac Fedora and put in a bottle of Gelish Midnight Caller or GELeration Mystic as your exchange. If there was one bottle of Gelish Little Princess, you could not put a second bottle of Little Princess in or a bottle of its dupe, GELeration Sweet Breath.

6. Polishes must be 75% full or more.

7. We will ship in a medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation. Shipping price should be the same for everyone that way.

8. Must re-ship within 3-4 days. Please keep to this schedule so that the box moves along in a timely manner.

9. MUST post the names of the polishes (along with the name of tPFer who donated it) that you choose and, if possible, a picture of swatches of the colors. This keeps the excitement up for the participants as they can both see new colors that they may not be exposed to as well as have the satisfaction of knowing that their polishes found new homes.

10. There will be stickers in the box; please put your tPF username on a sticker and put it on the polishes that you add to the box. You may have to secure the sticker with tape so they don't fall off during the round. If we run out of stickers during the Round, feel free to replace or make some out of paper and tape.

11. There will be a chart in the box to write down the names of the polishes that you select and mark the ones that you remove.

12. Please swatch any color you are adding to the box that has not been previously swatched. Nail wheels will be provided in the box. This allows everyone to see (in person) colors that may have been selected by other participants for their reference.

13. If the box is getting close to your name and you anticipate being away for a trip or vacation, please inform me in case we need to remove you from the list or move your name. But please let’s try to prevent this by letting me know when you signup if you plan to be away.

Finally (and most importantly), we must all be individually accountable for both following the rules and for making this exchange work. Please be mindful that your participation affects others after you, so be thoughtful in what you take and what you give. You should be proud and excited to send off the box, knowing that it will bring excitement and happiness to a fellow tPFer.

I'm in too, I finally decided. I'm in FL.

I've been agonizing over it a bit, because frankly I'm a little intimidated by how many colors some of you ladies have, and afraid I wont have anything new to contribute. :shame: But I guess the worst thing that happens is you oooo and ahhhhh over all the pretty colors you've never seen in real life and then send the box on its way and you're only out $10 bucks or whatever it is.

I've been agonizing over it a bit, because frankly I'm a little intimidated by how many colors some of you ladies have, and afraid I wont have anything new to contribute. :shame: But I guess the worst thing that happens is you oooo and ahhhhh over all the pretty colors you've never seen in real life and then send the box on its way and you're only out $10 bucks or whatever it is.

Hon, it's not about having something "new" to contribute... its about "re-homing" polishes that would be much more appreciated by someone else. :biggrin: At the end of the day, many of us with large collections all have the same colors... but I'm always appreciative when I know someone else will enjoy a color that I have a duplicate of, or I know I won't wear because I've got 5 other similar polishes to it. The manufacturers really don't come out with colors fast enough for us to all have "new" colors to contribute on a regular basis. Some ladies are lucky enough to find several colors to exchange for, while others seem to be happy with finding 1-2 that they can switch out. It does just kind of depend on what is in the box at any given time. I'm glad you've chose to participate - sometimes having a small collection is a bonus as it may give you far more choices to select from than those of us that have expansive collections.

I'm a packrat and tend to hang on to everything. If there is even a minute difference in the colors I'll want to keep both, LOL. I actually have the problem of I have so many colors that I am afraid i'll already have everything that's in the box! LOL. so far that's not happened though, and I always find something I'd rather have the one of my similars!

Hon, it's not about having something "new" to contribute... its about "re-homing" polishes that would be much more appreciated by someone else. :biggrin:

Yes, well ... that's what pushed me over the edge. I definitely have a couple colors that would be more at home next to somebody else's skin, IMHO, as pretty as I think they are on a swatch. So all they'll do is sit around most of the time. I'm looking forward to seeing swatches in real life too ..... I intend to try and keep my SOG wish list small, if possible.

Will the swatches from previous rounds be in there too, or does that take up too much room in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.