so...

Jun 9, 2011
I'm thinking of getting my first MKors. I must admit, I've been a Coach fanatic for a long time, and I've branched out into premier brands/etc (dangerous!!), but I love ALL bags, regardless of brand...and I'm really liking some of MKors' stuff!

I'm wondering how the Hamilton n/s tote holds up. I really love the lock on the front and the chain detail on the shoulder handle...so I'm leaning towards that style....

I'm trying to decide between that really cool, dark denim Hamilton with the leather trim and studs around the bag....OR a simple navy Hamilton in saffiano with gold hardware....OR even a sale bag in the luggage color/softer leather, if I can still get my hands on one.

Thoughts? Comments about any of the 3 I'm thinking of? Thanks very much in advance!

-CC

Welcome to the dark side. :smile:

For your first Hamilton I personally would go for the Navy saffiano. There's just something about the navy with gold that is SO gorgeous!

Buuuut luggage is a great color too! I read somewhere on here MK was (maybe) going to stop the pebbled leather. So if you can find one on sale I would take it. The smell and squishy soft leather is nice.
My hamiltons have held up nicely and that's because I'm not very gentle with my bags!

There is some big Hamilton lovers here and I'm sure they will pop up today and happily give their opinions. :biggrin:

Long story short- both would be great classic choices. :smile:

Welcome to the dark side. :smile:

For your first Hamilton I personally would go for the Navy saffiano. There's just something about the navy with gold that is SO gorgeous!

Buuuut luggage is a great color too! I read somewhere on here MK was (maybe) going to stop the pebbled leather. So if you can find one on sale I would take it. The smell and squishy soft leather is nice.
My hamiltons have held up nicely and that's because I'm not very gentle with my bags!

There is some big Hamilton lovers here and I'm sure they will pop up today and happily give their opinions. :biggrin:

Long story short- both would be great classic choices. :smile:
Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply. :smile:

I love the combo of navy with gold. I have to see it in person, though...I wish I could have gotten the sapphire, but they're out at my store. :sad:

But there ARE lots of other options! And that's good info to know about the softer leather - thanks! I'm going after work today.....

I'm also loving the new silver metallic bag (the "fallon")...is that out in stores yet??

I'm thinking of getting my first MKors. I must admit, I've been a Coach fanatic for a long time, and I've branched out into premier brands/etc (dangerous!!), but I love ALL bags, regardless of brand...and I'm really liking some of MKors' stuff!

I'm wondering how the Hamilton n/s tote holds up. I really love the lock on the front and the chain detail on the shoulder handle...so I'm leaning towards that style....

I'm trying to decide between that really cool, dark denim Hamilton with the leather trim and studs around the bag....OR a simple navy Hamilton in saffiano with gold hardware....OR even a sale bag in the luggage color/softer leather, if I can still get my hands on one.

Thoughts? Comments about any of the 3 I'm thinking of? Thanks very much in advance!

-CC
I have the navy hamilton in saffiano leather, it's really nice. i have to admit i've never been a fan of mk until he started using saffiano leather. i personally really dislike the pebbled leather (i owned some misc mk bags with pebbled leather and none of them held their shape to my liking, and the color rubbed off the corners after awhile). i kno lots other forum peeps love the squishiness/slouchiness of pebbled leather but it's just not my thing, everyone has different tastes :smile: but since i found out he started using saffiano leather i've bought 8 bags or so in the last few months!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply. :smile:

I love the combo of navy with gold. I have to see it in person, though...I wish I could have gotten the sapphire, but they're out at my store. :sad:

But there ARE lots of other options! And that's good info to know about the softer leather - thanks! I'm going after work today.....

I'm also loving the new silver metallic bag (the "fallon")...is that out in stores yet??

I saw the fallon on the MK site and I love the aqua color! Bummer you missed out on the sapphire. Is there any other way you can get it?

I'm a recent convert to MK and really like the color saturation on the MK saffiano bags. As you can probably guess by my member name, I'm a huge fan of Coach and the majority of my collection is Coach.

But in a short amount of time, I've fallen in love with the MK Selma and the EW Hamilton. I'm not a fan of NS bags, so my choice in Hamilton has been EW.

I've seen pictures as well as seen in the store, that the NS Hamilton can slouch and possibly wrinkle the saffiano. I prefer more structure to my bags, so I have avoided that style for that reason.

So I guess it depends on what you prefer in a bag. I hope you will share with us what you decide to get.

I bought a Black NS and NS Artisan First and I wish I would've gotten the Navy first. I adore it completely. It's a gorgeous bag. I use the pebbled leather bags for casual days and the saffiano when I dress up. The saffiano holds it's shape, but I'm finding it difficult to keep everything stuffed so dents don't appear. So it depends, do you stay casual or dress up often? NS in pebbled leather is great. EW in saffiano is perfect.

I'm a hugeeee hamilton lover!

My personal preference is the NS (I am 5' 2'') and saffiano leather!
I bought 4 EW when I started my collection. I only got around to using one before I bought one in NS. I was an immediate converter and returned the 3 EW I hadn't used and bought them in NS! EW was too small for me. If you can try them on in store, you should! Everyone has their preference.
Navy saffiano is gorgeous, I love mine, she's a beauty. On the other hand (to me) pebbled leather looks best in the color luggage and it's so pretty! I've been thinking of getting one, I'm just not sure since I have it in saffiano already.
Either or is a great option, go with what fits your lifestyle better!
If you dress up more than you dress casual go with saffiano, if you dress casual more than you dress up, get the pebbled leather. Either or, a hamilton is a great choice.
Keep the stuffing the bags come with, and when not in use just use to keep it stuffed and use the dust bags.

I just got my first E/W soft leather luggage Hamilton this week, this is also my first MK bag as well. The Hamilton's in the soft leather were 30% off! I wanted the soft over the saffiano. I can't give feedback on the how the bag holds up since it is new. The SA did tell me MK was discontinuing the soft leather Hamiltons.

I did see the saffiano navy in Macy's and the gold hardware really popped against it! I really liked the navy (and I am not a navy girl!)

It took me forever to chose between the Navy and Black Saffiano leather E/W Hamilton. The Navy is gorgeous. I ended up going with black as I didn't have any Black MK bags and figured that I couldn't go wrong with getting a black bag lol.
At first I purchased the N/S Black Saffiano Hamilton, but after putting in all my stuff I realized how heavy the bag got and ended up going with the E/W. If I have the chance to pick up a N/S Hamilton in the pebbled leather i totally would, it weighs less than the Saffiano.

Soft leather is being discontinued so I'd get it first if you think you'll ever want it. I love my black pebbled soft leather with silver hardware NS Hamilton. Smells yummy mad is comfy on my shoulder with handles.

If you like your bags to puddle, choose the soft leather if you can still find one. I personally prefer the saffiano leather. I have the black saffiano north south Hamilton and I've been rough on it and it is fine.

I haven't gotten any bag wrinkles on it and its fell upside in the floorboard of my car 3 times. I have the navy and luggage Selmas and I must say I love the navy more, but both colors are beautiful!

There's a huge difference between the north south and east west Hamiltons. The strap is longer on the north south so it's easier to put over your shoulder. It's also nice to drop folders in to take home from work. The east west has much less room but its also easier to see your stuff and its lighter.

I would try them both on before choosing. You will naturally gravitate to one size or the other. Don't let the weight bother you, since you will adapt to it quickly.