So why do people carry the birkin the way they do??!!

clanalois - Wow, Baggaholic, you're a busy lady! :smile: What kind of laptop are you fitting in there with everything else? 12" iBook G4 mac

drtng - Baggaholic, can I ask you how big your laptop is? I just got a new laptop (pretty big screen), and I was interested to see if it would fit in a 35cm Birkin. 12"

Greentea - Wow, Baggaholic, you are kidding me!! But the question is, how heavy is that Birkin? it does not weigh much, it's almost like a brief case, you have to remember the 35cm is more like a tote

rochasgirl - Won't it be heavy carrying your birkin with your laptop and other stuff in it, baggaholic???? You must have strong arms!!!! not heavy at all

toonie - what size is her bag is it a 40? it's a 35

Greentea said:
I love the relaxed look of the Birkin worn with the straps tucked into the guides, lock fastened and flap tucked in! Then, you just pull it apart slightly and reach inside.

This is how I wear my Birkin also. There's plenty of give from the straps so that I can easily find things in my Birkin and it still looks nicely closed.:biggrin:

Lol I've been waiting for the post. I wear my bag open because it gives the bag a newer look to it some what a young feel to it. I am a guy, so if I had it close every time it will be to old looking:tup:

I carried a Vermillion 30cm for about 6 months. I returned it from whence it came, as the red popped more than my eyes could handle). Now I'm getting a Raisinette in 35cm. But when I carried the 30cm, I cared for it like a baby kitten. I coddled it and never, NEVER, ever let its feet touch the ground. But the one thing about the design of the Birkin/Kelly bags from my limited experience is convenience -- it's not. Sometimes I'd leave the clochette and key attached to the handle, because there wasn't much point to locking them onto the bag, when I'd have to fish in/out. But I didn't want there to be wear on the straps (from hanging off the catches on the front side of the bag). So I would tuck the top flap into the bag with the straps affixed in their positions. But that's not always the best care to keep the top coat on the flap from cracking a little (from opening/closing with the flap tucked).

However, it's the most practical method (I found) to use, and I'm hoping I'll learn other methods to keep mine in pristine condition!