So, Where & How Did You Meet Him ?

I had just graduated from veterinary school and moved from TN to Baltimore where I started my first job in my new (second) career. He was a long time client of the clinic and knew my boss well. One morning he brings his very sick kitty in and I am the only one available to see him. I was all business and wasn't even thinking anything-just focused on his kitty. His cat did fine and after sending me flowers welcoming me to baltimore he asked me out. We married 2 years later and will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary in june. Oh- my boss was thrilled-she was trying to work out how she could fix us up before we actually met:lol:

The love of my life, my best friend and partner in crime....well I had just moved back from living in Europe for 10 years and got into the family business. My initial thought upon moving to Key west was "Oh great, I will never meet a straight man here" there is a huge gay population here (ummm gorgeous gay population I might add!) Any way, I'm still pining over my ex at this point..mending my broken heart... one day my dad brings in this lovely creature and casually introduces us. I thought wow....what a good looking man...and left it at that (went home and called my ex..lol) 2 days later he calls..after asking my dad permission to ask me out. SO away I went and the love story started...I fell hard, fast and furious for this man. He was best friends with my Dad and I loved that. (very much Daddys little girl) My father died in my then boyfriends arms....he was trying to bring him back to life. Our marriage would have brought my dad as much happiness as it has us.

My boyfriend actually lived across the street from me for 15 years.. and we had only met twice!!

We met once at a friends house when I was in 6th grade and he was in 8th.. and he thought I was beautiful (That's what he says but I don't believe it! LOL, I was akward at that age!)

Then we were both in different relationships years later... and we both had rough break-ups.. he actually just knocked on my door one day out of the blue and said hi! We've been together for 4 years now..

Sunshine said:
The love of my life, my best friend and partner in crime....well I had just moved back from living in Europe for 10 years and got into the family business. My initial thought upon moving to Key west was "Oh great, I will never meet a straight man here" there is a huge gay population here (ummm gorgeous gay population I might add!) Any way, I'm still pining over my ex at this point..mending my broken heart... one day my dad brings in this lovely creature and casually introduces us. I thought wow....what a good looking man...and left it at that (went home and called my ex..lol) 2 days later he calls..after asking my dad permission to ask me out. SO away I went and the love story started...I fell hard, fast and furious for this man. He was best friends with my Dad and I loved that. (very much Daddys little girl) My father died in my then boyfriends arms....he was trying to bring him back to life. Our marriage would have brought my dad as much happiness as it has us.

I'm sorry about your father.. but what a wonderful story! Do you still live in the Keys? I'm from Miami, but have been questioning a move to the Keys....

i met my bf on valentine's day in a nightclub 3 years ago. we were both there to see a friend's band play. he was chatting with one of my guy friends and i thought he looked familar, turned out we went to high school together and knew a lot of the same people. we exchanged #s and he called me the next day and we've been together ever since

Sunshine said:

That really is a beautiful story, very sad to hear about your father
(ps) I love your name sunshine.

Vista said:
I was working for a radio station in Alberta - I was going to have my show pre-empted permanently by a satellite show, so I moved to Calgary to look for my next job. I was doing some office work there until I found my next radio gig. My mom sent me $25 for my birthday --- there was a Star Trek convention a few blocks away one weekend and i thought I really enjoy watching the show and the movies and thought it'd be fun doing that for the weekend.

Well, I asked the guy behind the registration desk where to put my coat - he showed me to a coat rack - throughout the weekend we'd run into eachother and he took my number saying he'd like to take me out when he got back from his vacation that next week.

He called when he got back and we have seen each other every day since, except when he's been out of town on business :smile: .. We'll be married 15 years in October.

Live long, and prosper :smile:

Wow !!! Congratulations great story !

ILoveCoach said:
I'm sorry about your father.. but what a wonderful story! Do you still live in the Keys? I'm from Miami, but have been questioning a move to the Keys....

I LOVE Key west!! Its a wonderful community. I love all the tourists, (most of the time!) We have a few hotels so its always nice to see the island buzzing. It beautiful, and I love how small it is! Great restaurants, fun night life...It's "home" to me. Let me know if you end up here! I would love a shopping partner!;)

:lol: Haha, I met my sweetie at high school, at first we were like, "hi, your cool" Neither of us were really wanting a realtionship, First time I met him, (all the classes were having a christmas decoration contest...) I bumped into him in the hallway, one of the teachers who both knew us, called him back over to where I was, and told him to shake my hand, and say how sorry he was....

We then started saying hello in the hallways
(I walked the hallways alot!)

He moved to my Homeroom, and we hit it off, Became Best Friends, still not saying anything about a relationship....

Then he called me and told me how much he wanted to be my boyfriend,and he wanted to for a long time! I still remember the first time we kissed, we were getting out of the car to go somewhere, and he asked me...
"May I have a kiss from you?"
He's such a gentlemen, and I love him for that!

PGN said:
I had just graduated from veterinary school and moved from TN to Baltimore where I started my first job in my new (second) career. He was a long time client of the clinic and knew my boss well. One morning he brings his very sick kitty in and I am the only one available to see him. I was all business and wasn't even thinking anything-just focused on his kitty. His cat did fine and after sending me flowers welcoming me to baltimore he asked me out. We married 2 years later and will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary in june. Oh- my boss was thrilled-she was trying to work out how she could fix us up before we actually met:lol:

This is a cute story :love:

My cinderella story...we met at a mutual friend's get together. Later that night, I had a formal party to go so I brought my dress and heels along with me. I was only at the party for an hour before he called me and asked if I was bored, and well, I sure as hell was! So I left to to change back into my regular clothes and got some ice cream with him. When he dropped me off at home, I left my heels in his car and he dropped them off to me a week later, he also took me to lunch the same day and the rest is history. Okay, not really a cinderella story...but that's what we like to call it. :amuse:

Both my husband and I worked for the same company but in different areas and locations. WHen they moved my department to NJ I decided to leave the company. My boss told me there was an opening at headquarters in Jericho, Long Island in the Real Estate Department. My husband was hired a few months earlier to head up this new department. I was hired as his Administrative Assistant. At the time I had been going with a guy for five years. I was in the process of breaking up with him. Well, blah, blah, blah .... I left this guy ...fell in love with Lou (my husband) and we got engaged. However, the company had a nepotism rule so we had to hide our relationship. I did not wear my engagement ring to work. It was pretty funny because there was another man in the company that was interested in dating me and he actually asked me out on a date in front of my husband. I was willing to transfer to another department but there were no openings and I could not afford to lose my job and health benefits because I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at that time. My husband and I confided in the Vice President of Human Resources and told her we were engaged and what my situation was and she said to keep it quiet until an opening for me in another department became available. So for months we kept it hush. I did eventually transfer to another department and then we told everyone the good news. People were shocked. They couldn't believe all that time we were actually engaged.