So when you dress in the morning...

Jun 9, 2011
...do you pick your bag based on the outfit you've chosen to wear, OR do you actually dress AROUND your bag? I'm mostly the crazy type to pick my clothes out based on the bag I want to carry that day. Please tell me I'm not the only one...? Lol. Just thought it'd be fun to see what you all had to say.

You're not the only one. :smile:

I pick out the oufits ahead of time though. If there is a specific item I want to use (purse, jewelry, scarf, shoes, jacket, etc.), I'll start with that piece and design the outfit around it.

Sometimes I design outfits around themes I see on blogs. In these cases I'll use the purse that works best with the outfit, or one that is inspired by the blog entry.

I pick an outfit first the majority of the time, unless there's some reason I need to use a particular bag (ex., it's raining, want something hands-free, need to carry a ton of stuff, etc) and then I'll design around the bag. I've been trying to pick more neutral bags lately to be more practical and match with more outfits. :smile:

I typically base my clothing around my shoe choice....but if I'm traveling I have to consider that everything works with the bag. (I almost never pack extra bags other than a small evening clutch.)

There are times I will pick an outfit based upon a bag I want to use.. especially for the
evening but other times will use the same bag for a week or two & then change off
so at least I make an attempt to use as many bags as I can...

Totally dress for the bag if it's new. Otherwise it depends on the Missouri weather.

I agree with this. If its a new bag then it's so exciting! The day has that pick me up fresh new bag feeling (ahhh skip to my lou!) and I often chose my clothing based on the bag. I may want that bag to stand out so I chose clothing that will help bring that bag to its full glory potential! If its a pop of color bag, well I really have fun w that. That fresh new bag feeling wears off quickly tho so I enjoy it while it lasts! Nothing lasts forever, not even the glory of that coveted new bag high!!!!

I pick an outfit first the majority of the time, unless there's some reason I need to use a particular bag (ex., it's raining, want something hands-free, need to carry a ton of stuff, etc) and then I'll design around the bag.

This. The order for me goes like this, what will I be doing the next day? work, shopping, lunch, etc? Then what should I wear to fit that occasion? What's weather? Then what bag is appropriate?

Unless of course If I really want to carry a particular bag, then that changes everything! :P