So when did you know you were "hooked"

reigo

Jul 18, 2009
At some point, many of us were more of novice in the sense that me may have owned and loved 1 Coach bag but weren't searching for bags, waiting for coupons, monitoring floor switches to get a heads up on what's hitting the outlets, speculating about PCE events, going on "road trips" for bags, etc. So at what point did you become "hooked"? Was there a particular event or bag, was it finding this place, etc?

For me, I used to buy an occasional Coach bag, usually 1-2 a year, knew nothing about PCE, outlets, etc. As I entered the work force, I decided I needed a nice black bag, so I got one. Then brown, got it. Etc. I still knew nothing much other than Coach made nice dependable bags. It had been a while, and I hadn't bought a nice new bag in ages and this girl at work had a beautiful 2006 Legacy satchel in whiskey and I KNEW I had to have it! It was completely sold out in that color (had made it to the outlet). So, an SA told me about the PCE and actually gave me a coupon so I splurged at the FP store and got the Wiskey Leigh and was hooked at that point forward. That search for the satchel opened my eyes to the outlets and how they work so I started monitoring bags going forward. I knew I was really hooked when me and my GFs were planning small road trips to an outlet 1 1/2 hours away (when we have 2 closer) b/c that store got the better bags and had always has an extra 15% off!!!

i got hooked about ten years ago.....when my mom's gf came over with the softest buttery looking camel bucket bag...and i touched it and my heart raced...i asked her what kind of bag that was and she uttered one word "coach"...and it was love....

Lets see when did I know I was hooked....It had to have been over a year ago, when I first saw Dillards having an extra 40 on coach bags...I normally just used to get 1-2 bags a year and then all of a sudden I got like 4 in a couple months...I used to just browse a little on the forum to see what people were getting but now every time I have some free time Im on here looking at all the reveals and deals! Everytime I hear about a good sale at the outlet or department stores I just take little road trips to each of the malls around me. I visit about 4 malls and an outlet each time I take one of these trips. Now also I have begun looking on ebay constantly, but I have yet to buy a Coach bag on there...Must say I am hooked!

I think I started getting hooked when I did everything and anything just to get my hands on the black Ali Signature Hobo because my local FPs don't have that and Coach.com doesn't do international shipping :P I have never been that desperate in my life other than when I was wanting that Ali :lol:

I was hooked when my mother gave me my first Coach handbag and she continued to take me to The Coach Store. I love how the British Tan gets darker and looks richer over time. Also, whenever I needed a brief my mom would highly recommend Coach she was a Enabler.

Here was my progression.

I used to only have 1 purse at a time. Usually a Fossil. I would wear it with everything, everyday until it wore out and then I would buy another.

Well, in late 2006/early 2007, the Ugly Betty episode about the Gucci aired. And I absolutely fell in love with that bag. Never in my life would I have dreamed about paying that much for a bag. But it happened to coincide with bonus-time. So after much deliberation, I decided to get the bag.

Shortly after that I was thinking about the fact that I had wanted a Louis Vuitton since high school... but again had never thought about actually spending that much money on a bag. But then I thought, well if I can spend that much on the Gucci, then I can get myself a Louis Vuitton. So I did.

Well, both of these bags were big shoulder bags, neither of which were practical for work. So then I got kind of disgusted by my Fossil bags... and then I saw a woman on the train with a Coach bag I loved... and I tracked down the name of the bag and bought one from JAX (although I had no idea it was called that at the time). - It was a Soho Mia braided satchel in tobacco.

I wound up with 3 more Coaches over the next few months. Somewhere between January & May of 2007, I was hooked.

For me it was my ivory/saddle Carly, then discovering the outlet. I was looking for a new bag, I only bought one a year, and thought maybe for once I would splurge on a Coach bag - I'd always wanted one. Then I saw some pics of Carly and it was love at first sight. I found tpf and read about the outlets, and was lucky enough to snag my Carly at the outlet, and I was hooked. I remember the first time I walked into the outlet I was entranced, I grabbed my Carly and then just wandered around the store looking at everything. I don't have a lot of Coach bags, but I do have several that I really really love. Carly is still my favorite, though.

I have been buying Coach for about 6 years. I would buy about 2-3 bags a year, usually I would just get one for my birthday but then I discovered an outlet about an hour and a half away from me and would get 2 on each trip. I got PCE cards once a year, but never really took advantage, definitely didnt know about floorsets, and didnt know which bags were rare and which were common, etc. I was definitely hooked back then, but ever since finding this forum in february and joining in april I was HOOKED. Now I am on the forum everyday, I stalk ebay, and since an outlet opened 20 mins away from me recently, I go once a week!

The day I went looking for a forum about Coach purses. I knew that I was definitely not just your average purse carrier. When I found this site and saw all the people that felt the same way about their bags, it kind of made it "ok" for me to be that way, kwim?

The day I went looking for a forum about Coach purses. I knew that I was definitely not just your average purse carrier. When I found this site and saw all the people that felt the same way about their bags, it kind of made it "ok" for me to be that way, kwim?

I know exactly what you mean- I literally stumbled on this website when doing a Coach related search and was floored! I had no idea there was an entire community of lovers like me. I can't blame this site for my obsession- I was this sick before I came here! I blame Coach for all the 20% off coupons lately!

I knew I was in trouble when I made 2 trips to the outlet in 1 day. My outlet is about an hour away which isn't that bad, but really...2 trips in one day to anywhere (besides Home Depot or Lowes because you always forget something or find out you need more tools than you have to put something together) is just crazy. And I bought something both trips and did not return anything either trip.

I knew I was in trouble when I made 2 trips to the outlet in 1 day. My outlet is about an hour away which isn't that bad, but really...2 trips in one day to anywhere (besides Home Depot or Lowes because you always forget something or find out you need more tools than you have to put something together) is just crazy. And I bought something both trips and did not return anything either trip.

LOL- that's so true about Home Depot/Lowes! (and sadly for me, also the grocery store b/c I am bag about making a list or if I make a list, I forget to bring it).

Oh, and I have planned WHOLE Coach dedicated days where I hit multiple outlets and the FP store (and manage to do some other shopping at other stores along the way)...

Hi...I'm new, here and with coach..may I ask, what's PCE? You are all the Jedis I aspire to be.
I was hooked with Sabrina. Black Leather. Pined over it for 6 months. It was to be my first. Then my sister bought me the shoulder legacy in bk leather...so she was my 'first'.
I love the way they make me feel. Pretty. Sometimes I think as women we may forget to do nice things for ourselves, as we are nurturers, and selfless.
yay coach.

PCE is a preferred customer event where the full price store sends 25% off coupons to customers but I find it a bit random on when I get them. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't but I have actually bought one before on Ebay when I really wanted a particular bag and didn't get a coupon. I am speculating there will be another one in September...