So when did you know you were "hooked"

I was hooked on to my very first "designer/expensive" purse with a fake one.. yes it's true.. a fake purse.. that I got for a present from my brother when he visited NY.. and then it all came to me.. fakes just make you look tacky so I was determined to save up and buy a real one.. my first "designer" was dooney&bourke then I moved up to coach.. I would say that's when my true obsession with purses came about.. xD

I only recently (maybe 1 year to 1.5 years) got into the whole PCE and outlet thing. ^^

I've been collecting handbags for years. My love for Coach actually happened really recentley...

Up until last March, I was only mildly interested in coach. I had bought a heritage stripe tote in geranium and a couple of wristlets over the course of a couple years. Then, I went down to visit some famiy members in Texas and my cousin had this gorgeous, cute little hobo bag with tan trim and the coach signature all over it. I asked her about it, but all she could tell me was that the bag was from her local coach boutique and she had bought it six months ago. She didn't remember the style though. I did some research and found out she had the medium siggy carly in khaki/saddle with plum lining. I went to my coach boutique and was told there were none available anymore but that I might try the outlet. While I was there, I noticed the madison collection. That's when I got hooked. I got my sabrina and went to the outlet for my carly.

I admire Coach since I was in high school, but I was a poor high school student with minimal allowance.. My first Coach was Coach black signature hobo.. Believe it or not I still have it till this day.. I couldnt find the heart to let it go since it was my first designer bag.. then next one was Madeline and matching white leather turnlock slim envelope wallet... it's about 3 years old.. But Coach here and there when I have the money.. Lindsay, Heritage XL Satchel, ect ect Then I was hooked when the open up SPO 25 min drive from where I live.. So much saving instead paying FP.....

I knew I was in TROUBLE when I made a road trip to the outlet to pick up a black leather legacy Leigh, and also came home with a walnut shoulder bag. Ohhh, the good old days!!! I sure do miss them!!!

The second I read the title of this tread I LOL..

I always love Coach. When I was a child in NJ I saw very elegant ladies use, what we would now consider vintage bags. I am a bit older than so of the ladies here.. When I was in my teens and 20's I knew I could not afford the bags so I just dreamed of them..

My loving husband finally got me my first and most loved Coach Purse "the OC" and I wore it for a year straight then he got me the second Coach Bag and I wore that for 6 months straigh. He bought every bag after that until I discovered the Outlet and then I purchased for myself and my family also purchased some for me..

My DH and I discovered the Outlet well that was a banquet. Then I joined the tPF this year and I find tune my knowledge and started calling my bags a collection and I fine tuned it. I got on Ebay and Bonanzle and was able to get the dream bags, Ali and Ladybug Strawtote and the vintage bags I always wanted...

So to end a long store, I have always been Hooked.... it just took time to get addicted.. I love it so.

I had a coach shoulder bag and a few wristlets and a couple pairs of shades but really did not consider myself "hooked" until I got my first Legacy Leather bag and became obsessed with them. Also, finding this forum just sealed the deal lol

I was way sick before i came here too. Its seriously an addiction. I knew i was hooked when i bought my first Coach in Seattle when i was visiting for a family funeral. I knew it then. Just knew it. Always wanted one too.

My Coach addiction started when the cheap old Kenneth Cole bag I was carrying ripped and I needed a new one. I searched high and low (both online and in B&Ms) for a similar style and after 6 months, I found my first love -Coach Carly Signature Top Handle Pouch in black. Then one day while I was making a donation at Goodwill, I noticed this pristine little Coach bag hanging on the purse rack. I eyed it for a few minutes while the lady printed my donation receipt and then checked it out up close. It was good quality, stitching was great and it had all the right markings -plus the price was only $3.50 so I couldn't pass it up. I've since come to the conclusion that it's real but haven't had it authenticated just yet. It's not really my style (I think it's a soho style or a top flap with a buckle), but it's a Coach.

Then when my Carly started showing fraying -in that place along the top edge where it naturally bends from the way it hangs, I immediately stopped carrying Carly and bought a coated canvas Leah medium in lime green so that I'd have a replacement during the time I recently sent Carly for repair but they said there was nothing they could do ('cept take my $20 to put it back in the box and return it to me). :rolleyes: Anyway, my addiction has me visiting Dillards periodically to see what's on sale and visiting Coach.com weekly for updates. Sadly, the nearest outlets and boutiques are over 3 hours away. :crybaby:

My two newest are second hand purchases on classic styles (both signature demis) but I got great deals on both. And I keep looking for more.

For me, its when I joined this forum... when ppl would post on here upcoming bags even before they hit the floor I started to go crazy! Thats when I knew this was going to be an expensive addiction!

For me it was my ivory/saddle Carly, then discovering the outlet. I was looking for a new bag, I only bought one a year, and thought maybe for once I would splurge on a Coach bag - I'd always wanted one. Then I saw some pics of Carly and it was love at first sight. I found tpf and read about the outlets, and was lucky enough to snag my Carly at the outlet, and I was hooked. I remember the first time I walked into the outlet I was entranced, I grabbed my Carly and then just wandered around the store looking at everything. I don't have a lot of Coach bags, but I do have several that I really really love. Carly is still my favorite, though.
Me too! It was my Black leather Carly that did it for me...all uphill from there..or downhill ...in my fiancee's eye's..**he, he**

I knew I was in TROUBLE when I made a road trip to the outlet to pick up a black leather legacy Leigh, and also came home with a walnut shoulder bag. Ohhh, the good old days!!! I sure do miss them!!!
I miss those good 'ol days, too! The thick legacy leather discovered by me at the outlets during the 50% off sale was truly when I got hooked!
I thought so much of Coach then. I'm so glad I scooped up some Legacy bags to keep enjoying today. Who knows when Coach will ever make them again like that with the vegetable tanned thick vachetta.

State: NV
Date: May 2007
Story: Saw the brass/khaki/saddle Carly #10616 in the window so I went in the store and came out with that exact bag

I was hooked on to my very first "designer/expensive" purse with a fake one.. yes it's true.. a fake purse.. that I got for a present from my brother when he visited NY.. and then it all came to me.. fakes just make you look tacky so I was determined to save up and buy a real one.. my first "designer" was dooney&bourke then I moved up to coach.. I would say that's when my true obsession with purses came about.. xD

I only recently (maybe 1 year to 1.5 years) got into the whole PCE and outlet thing. ^^

OMG - that is how I got hooked -someone sold me a fake and I fell in love with it - then I found out about the outlets and then it has been lock and key since then