So, what exactly is iridescent calfskin?

Onederland

homo-a-gogo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
Soooo i've been searching but i havent found a specific answer. I just bought the Vert Fonce Maxi - 11P. though the pictures that my SA sent me, the color veered from forrest green to military green. i'm specifically looking for one that's more military, and was hoping that this was THEEE green.

then i read about the iridescent caviar, and how it changes tones and colors depending on lighting. do any of you know if this is the case with my maxi? if so, what's the deal with this type of caviar? do you prefer it? dislike it? any feedback would be great!

can you post pics of your bag?

iridescent caviar is a sheeny leather. it feels silky / suede-y. unfortunately the feel is deceiving as it's been pilling my shirts when i use it on the shoulder. hth.

here's a pic of my bag

attachment.php

before

attachment.php

what the iridescent calfskin did after wearing the bag for a half day of shopping on my shoulder

attachment.php

i still love the bag though :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC02119_2.JPG
    DSC02119_2.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 930
  • DSC02136.JPG
    DSC02136.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC02137.JPG
    DSC02137.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 915
Im on a waiting list for a new mini. I was told by the SA that instead of black caviar, there will be black iridescent calfskin's available. Is there much different? Will it look shiny, or just be softer? Im hoping its simular to caviar! TIA! :smile:

Im on a waiting list for a new mini. I was told by the SA that instead of black caviar, there will be black iridescent calfskin's available. Is there much different? Will it look shiny, or just be softer? Im hoping its simular to caviar! TIA! :smile:

The iridescent calfskin is very soft, almost feels like fabric, not caviar. It's just gorgeous!

I've an option to buy a Chanel bag with iridescent leather in light color (it's not caviar, probably lambskin or calfskin). I'm not sure if I understand this leather type. Is it metallic leather? Will it wear easily ? How can I take care of this leather and if there is a problem, can it be repaired easily?

Chanel bags are not that cheap so want to understand before I spend.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
I've an option to buy a Chanel bag with iridescent leather in light color (it's not caviar, probably lambskin or calfskin). I'm not sure if I understand this leather type. Is it metallic leather? Will it wear easily ? How can I take care of this leather and if there is a problem, can it be repaired easily?

Chanel bags are not that cheap so want to understand before I spend.

Thanks a ton for your help.

1) Have any bag you are not directly purchasing from a Chanel boutique or an authorized seller (Saks, NM, Nordstrom, BG, Hirshleifer's, etc.) authenticated. EtincelerAuthentications and Authenticate4U are the only two I'd use.

2) Iridescent means many things with Chanel. It can mean a dry rubbery material that flakes off and attracts dust like a magnet attracts iron (which wears horribly). It can mean soft and shiny as opposed to hard and not so shiny (which wears more than regular caviar). It just depends on the year or season. It is usually applied to caviar (pebbled calf) leather.

3) It's not so easy to care for, depending upon the type. As it's usually caviar that's mucked with, they can't just put back the pebbles that rub off, or take off the dirt (they could redye it is all). There is no one answer just as there is no one type of iridescent leather.