So what constitutes wear and tear...

Jun 8, 2006
I have had my Damier Ludlow for less than two years and it has started to "unravel" the piping was coming undone on the one side. This little thing was not cheap so I took it to the boutique where I purchased it. It was 6o bux for reglazing. She said, it's really wear and tear, so I won't charge you, but next time, I will charge. That's nuts. An LV wallet should be able to withstand nornal wear and tear for more than 2 years. Ok, we're not saying 10, but still. Next time it happens, I will trim off the offending piece and use it until it falls to pieces.

LV warrants their products for 24 months, she must have given you the benefit of the doubt (via the date code) . Reglazing is a common repair with LV wallets though, but it does seem like it should have lasted more than a couple years before needing such a repair. Be sure in the future that you take it in for repairs once the seal is needing replacement, for so many people wait and then the canvas cracks near the edge, once this happens LV will NOT repair it period because they cannot warrant their repair. Enjoy your wallet, you should get it back in about a month! Also $60 seems a little steep for a reglazing, the last time I paid for that to be done, it was less than $30.

I was shocked....The Ludlow now costs close to 300 USD, but I know I didn't pay quite as much. Sixty dollars is a lot of money. Do you know that I have used pieces that were 10 years old and no cracks. It can take up to six weeks. This is crazy, because I know I didn't overstuff the wallet. After this, I don't know if I want to purchase anymore LV wallets.