So what are your pet peeves at work

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I worked in an office that had about 60 people in it. I loved it.

But some were extremely lazy and ultimately, the work fell on others.

The other thing was when the girls would go out to lunch, and because it was a large group, we didn't have seperate checks. I was always the one who received the check, and people would pass down their "share", except that they NEVER added tax or tip to their part, and I always ended up paying for it. That got old, quick.

One other thing, was it that hard to wrap up your "used" tampon, instead of leaving it floating in the water, thinking it would flush down? EEWWW. Happened every friggin month too.

~Nosy people who are always worried about what their co-worker is/isn't doing instead of focusing on their own responsibilities
~ Loud unprofessional people
~Messy people who don't clean the spills they make in the microwave
~ People who wear extremely loud fragrance
~ The gossiper whos always talking about someone else's personl business or their own in a way that everyone can hear

- People who leave their dirty mugs or lunch tupperware in the breakroom sink. As if someone else is going to clean them.
- People who are always late to meetings. Often these are people who think their job/time is infinitely more important than everyone else's.
- People who schedule 5 pm meetings on Fridays. Come on!

-People that take forever to do their part of an assignment that is required. This has happened so many times that it holds up the project I'm working on.
-When people don't look up from their computer screen to talk to you.

a group of 10 wanting seperate checks during busy lunch(even when it says 2 only on the menu and they come in about 3x's a week and are told NO each time) Go to the atm before hand or even better if you are going out with the same group of 10( which they do) take turns paying!

Most of the woman I work with are hormonal and ALWAYS hot, so me, being the youngest, have to sit and freeze my ass off.

Gossip. I am a hairstylist so you can only imagine what I hear.