So, wait. The fuschia Stroke Me Mediums have an 11" drop?

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
How did I miss this information? When I placed the deposit down for the fuschia Stroke Me, the Stroke Me bags had a 7" drop. Afterwards, there was talk about Jackie lengthening the straps on future Stroke Me Mediums, but I didn't know she was going to lengthen the straps on our bespoke order.

I don't remember any of this being talked about for the fuschia bespoke order. I remember how specific everyone got on the LM Midi Grey bespoke - the handle drop, dimensions - everything was okayed before it went into production.

I'm just really upset now because I would have been completely against an 11" drop, but okay with an 8-9" drop. Even if Jackie lets me cancel my order, I still really want a fuschia Stroke Me. I was so excited to get my bag, but now :crybaby:

circoit ~ do you think it is possible for Jackie to have your straps replaced by sending you new ones in the correct length to provide the appropriate drop? Is it possible for you to take your bag with the correct length straps to a good, reputable cobbler and have him replace the straps? I ask only to avoid the hassle of shipping back to London, waiting for however long this would take on Jackie's end to have your bag repaired, and then waiting for the bag to be shipped back to you. Or, losing out on the opportunity for you to have this bag. Would this be a viable option for you?

I'm just tossing an idea out that may resolve your dilemma so you may keep your lovely Fuchsia Stroke Me. What do you think?

The bag hasn't been shipped to me yet (or so I think, because even though I placed a deposit, I was never notified of them being finished) - so I have yet to pay the final balance on the bag.

It would be ideal if Jackie could just shorten the straps for me and then send it out. Hopefully she would do this for me since I really want this bag.

The bag hasn't been shipped to me yet (or so I think, because even though I placed a deposit, I was never notified of them being finished) - so I have yet to pay the final balance on the bag.

It would be ideal if Jackie could just shorten the straps for me and then send it out. Hopefully she would do this for me since I really want this bag.

Hon...I would contact her ASAP via email and ask her about it. If it's just a matter of shortening the straps by a tad then I don't think it will be a problem, but do it NOW!!!

Thank you Contessa and dsrk - you guys have made me feel better and made me think that there may be a positive solution to this dilemma. I've contacted Jackie to see what she can do.

circoit ~ thank goodness, so I think you may be in the clear here! I'm truly hoping Jackie can have your strap issue fully addressed immediately, before she gets enmeshed in the production of the fall season orders.

I must say, though, that I wonder why you were never notified. We need to keep bespoke order threads clutter-free with only details and specs as things change or progress...basically, no peripheral side chit-chat, so nobody needs to weed through a bunch of tangential posts trying to get to the goods.

Please do keep us posted so we know how to resolve such matters in the future, as well as provide support for you as you resolve this upsetting discovery.

circoit ~ thank goodness, so I think you may be in the clear here! I'm truly hoping Jackie can have your strap issue fully addressed immediately, before she gets enmeshed in the production of the fall season orders.

I must say, though, that I wonder why you were never notified. We need to keep bespoke order threads clutter-free with only details and specs as things change or progress...basically, no peripheral side chit-chat, so nobody needs to weed through a bunch of tangential posts trying to get to the goods.

Please do keep us posted so we know how to resolve such matters in the future, as well as provide support for you as you resolve this upsetting discovery.

I keep wondering how I could have missed that as well. Was it discussed and somehow I missed out on the conversation? :shrugs:

I hope that Jackie is able to fix that for you. I am so sorry about you missing that important fact about the bag. I do know that Nicole at Stitch was ordering the fuchsia SMM as well so they may have made her bags with the regular length. I am really hoping that you get this all worked out and get he bag that you want! The SMM in fuchsia is one beautiful bag.

I believe that Nicole considered ordering the fuchsia but then didn't end up doing so.

I never heard from Jackie directly that the fuchsia would have an 11" drop but I did think that might be the case after hearing all medium SMs would have the longer drop.

I'm wondering if different people are measuring the drop of this bag differently (length of strap vs. distance from strap to bottom of "V"). Using the latter method, I believe the old drop was 9 to 9.5", while the longer one is 11". I think this is a more accurate comparison than 11" vs. 7".

circoit - I hope you can work this out with Jackie as I can understand your expectation re: the shorter drop.

Oh, circoit, I hope Jackie can help you - please keep us posted!

Maybe, like dsrk suggested, we can have an individual thread for bespoke orders that have been confirmed (with stats, delivery time, any message from Jackie/Ashley, etc.). So we can have threads to discuss the bespoke, but a main thread for "Confirmed Bespoke Stats"....