So Upset

^^ TBH, there aren't enough close up pics of that creme paddy to be able to tell either way. At first glance, it looks good, but the photos are not detailed anough to be able to determine whether it is genuine or not.

As for the whiskey, i cannot make up my mind. It does seems to have a few things that are 'off' but it also has some details that are 'right'.

I personally own the whiskey so i can look at it in my hand and compare.:yes:

The one in the auction that stacib bid on does not look like mine in quite a few details, and i have the same style serial number, so they were made in the same season. The leather is of a different texture, as is the engraving in the hardware.
That said, i cannot come to a conclusion on this one so i am going to wait and see some more pics before i decide either way.

When it comes to paddies, yes, i agree, there are slight variations, but the fakes always miss something - and the superfakes are getting very good (check out 'beware the fakes on ebay' and 'paddington authentication tips')

You'll see that there are many bags out there that are selling for over £500 a piece and at first glance look absolutely 'right', but are actually oh so wrong!:yes:

I just got my chloe paddy whiskey bag and it doesn't look as shiny as on the ebay listings. It looks really good and I love it :heart::love: . But I am too scared to wear it out just in case it is not real. Don't want people looking at me like I am a cheapskate.:lol:

I will post pictures soon

Pewter said:
I'm sorry but both the ivory and whiskey paddy look COMPLETELY authentic to me. :confused1: Even the best superfakes have a couple minor details off, but that whiskey doesn't to me. Everything on the whiskey looks dead on correct to me, even the stitching. I'm not sure about the leather. I don't own that color so I can't compare. But the font and cotton twill lining looks right to me. I do not see the font getting progressively shorter on it. You know that pic is not straight right? I think it looks like that cause of the angle the pic was taken. There is some amount of inconsistency in Chloe bags. I don't think those things are enough to disprove its authenticity.

Staci, wait till you get it and can inspect it in person. Also post better pics of the bag here for us to look at if you are still not sure. The Balenciaga bag that seller sold was authentic. Please be completely sure this bag is not authentic before declaring this to the seller because that would be really unfair to stress the seller like that if the bag really is authentic. Good luck and please post pics here of the bag when you get it!

So, none of these points is valid, then? OK..... :confused1:

Amongst other things, the leather looks too shiny, the lock looks slightly the wrong shape (too wide) and too puffy, the leather strip on the lock is too flush to the lock (or even slightly indented), the font on the metal plaque/name-plate has letters of uneven height (getting progressively shorter) and the cotton twill lining fabric looks too course.

I just got my chloe paddy whiskey bag and it doesn't look as shiny as on the ebay listings. It looks really good and I love it :heart::love: . But I am too scared to wear it out just in case it is not real. Don't want people looking at me like I am a cheapskate.:lol:

You're not a cheapskate...you did what you thought was best hun:yes:

If it's real, then super duper!!!:lol: And if it's fake, then we'll pick you up, dust you off and get you on your way to finding another!:yahoo:

Hoping it's real, looking forward to your pics:flowers:

Ok this is totally hocus-pocus, but does it feel real??

When I got my Bluefly fake it just felt wrong. :yucky:

There is actually a term for going with your gut on things like this: thin-slicing and it's been proven to be an effective way of authenticating art!

:flowers:

Ok this is totally hocus-pocus, but does it feel real??

There is actually a term for going with your gut on things like this: thin-slicing

We-ell... not if your gut has been exposed to Californian spinach! :roflmfao:

The thing with gut instinct is that one has to be exposed to the real thing enough to know. With my first Paddy from Bluefly, I had only had very limited contact with the real thing, and it was gut-wrenching trying to figure out its authenticity. Now that I have examined many more irl, and also own several others, I know my Bluefly blanc is authentic. So, if Staci is familiar with the real thing, then she can go with her gut; otherwise... :s

chloepaddy001.jpg

Just noticed something, are the sides supposed to be lighter in colour than the front and back.

Also what colour are the stitchings in the whiskey suposed to be?

Staci, IMHO this looks big time authentic and gorgeous!!

And I am going to have to disagree that you have to be exposed to the real thing before you can "feel" if something is wrong.

My first Chloe was the Bluefly fake and it just repulsed me, for not particular reason. It was a very good copy too!! But something about it felt wrong from the instant I opened the box.

In fact, that's what thin-slicing is all about: the less info the better in many case.

Check out the book 'Blink' or my posts under Auth This from an hour or so ago.

Anyway, what do YOU think Staci?

It *looks* good to me :P

Just noticed something, are the sides supposed to be lighter in colour than the front and back.

Also what colour are the stitchings in the whiskey suposed to be?

When real leather is used, it is almost impossible to get every piece to match exactly, so often the front and back have different textures, and the sides could be slightly different in colour and texture as well. At least it tells you your Paddy is not made of Pleather!

The stitching on the whiskey is a darker contrasting brown.

I'd say your Paddy looks authentic!

It looks BIG BEAUTIFUL & 100% Authentic to me! hehe ;) Enjoy your beautiful whiskey paddy, it's the real thing! :love: :lol: and from the happiness in your tone in the earlier post, you felt it was the real deal as well!