So Upset!!!

Are you certain it's used? What did the seller say when you told her you thought it was used? The only reason I'm asking, is because I've actually gotten a couple Legacy bags that had scratched hardware, and they were brand new from Coach. Also, some of the hardware on my geranium Legacy satchel had a little bit of black "goop" on the underside of it. It looked like some kind of grease or something. So the bag may very well be brand new.

Hello, I am the seller on the auction. I am long time lurker and, of course, avid Coach fan. So often we have people posting their Ebay problems that I thought you might find it interesting to hear from the other party.

Yes, the bag was new. It had been sitting in my closet, unused, in its original dust bag until I had to clear some room for new purchases. The bag had polished brass hardware so even though I carefully inspected the bag before sending it I guess I didn't look carefully enough to see the scratches that she described. I think that any bag with polished brass hardware that has been opened and closed, even once, will have small scratches on the closure. I offered her the option of a partial refund but she refused.

The bottom line is that she was not happy with her purchase and I certainly do not wish to stick anyone with something that they don't want, so she will return the bag and I will pay the shipping charges. I would hope to be treated the same way. I would prefer that she did not immediately accuse me of being a fraud and a liar but I don't hold that against her. I really believe that she would be more successful in purchasing directly from Coach by calling up customer service and asking if they have anymore of these lying around so that she could carefully comb over the bag and easily return it to her local store if it is not up to her standards (although her comments about not be willing to pay $150 for a $400 bag are indicitive of her attitude toward Coach's pricing).

Being a Coach collector I bought a few bags off of Ebay that were either significantly not as described or in one case fake. In all cases a pleasant, understanding, and respectful attitude toward the seller easily solved the problem.

Hello, I am the seller on the auction. I am long time lurker and, of course, avid Coach fan. So often we have people posting their Ebay problems that I thought you might find it interesting to hear from the other party.

Yes, the bag was new. It had been sitting in my closet, unused, in its original dust bag until I had to clear some room for new purchases. The bag had polished brass hardware so even though I carefully inspected the bag before sending it I guess I didn't look carefully enough to see the scratches that she described. I think that any bag with polished brass hardware that has been opened and closed, even once, will have small scratches on the closure. I offered her the option of a partial refund but she refused.

The bottom line is that she was not happy with her purchase and I certainly do not wish to stick anyone with something that they don't want, so she will return the bag and I will pay the shipping charges. I would hope to be treated the same way. I would prefer that she did not immediately accuse me of being a fraud and a liar but I don't hold that against her. I really believe that she would be more successful in purchasing directly from Coach by calling up customer service and asking if they have anymore of these lying around so that she could carefully comb over the bag and easily return it to her local store if it is not up to her standards (although her comments about not be willing to pay $150 for a $400 bag are indicitive of her attitude toward Coach's pricing).

Being a Coach collector I bought a few bags off of Ebay that were either significantly not as described or in one case fake. In all cases a pleasant, understanding, and respectful attitude toward the seller easily solved the problem.
I understand where you're coming from as a fellow seller, but we all told her to be nice and contact you and see what could be done, she didn't post the auction or your name, so we had no clue who you were.

I could see you being more upset if she had slung your name through the mud, but she didn't.

I was referring to the private emails that she sent me when she first contacted me, not what had been posted in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

After the first email i told you I was sorry for the upsetness i just was freaked out by the bag looking so haggard. If you had read the entire thread I went back and reported that you were really nice. I never gave out any of your information and I told you thank you for your help. In the end, I don't know how much nicer I could be. Besides, you could have mentioned that the bag wasn't new. It was sitting in your closet in the dust bag after you used it. That would have been nice. I just didn't appreciate the excitement of finally getting the bag and then I open it and the bag I got wasn't new. So if you're upset, I'm sorry, I was more than upset, I was completely distraught when I opened that box to find a bag that was suppose to be new looking like it's had several trips out on another persons arm.

As a matter of fact this is what I said about you... "Aww thanks! I just found one that was in someone's store and it wasn't showing up. It's new with tags and all that stuff. I'm pretty excited! Maybe this one will work out. <b>Also, the seller turned out to be pretty nice, she's taking the bag back and refunding the shipping so it's a win win. No bad mouthing or anything. I wish this had worked out the first time."</b>

So again, sorry, you really didn't have to say anything else, I was pleased that you were going to take the bag back. I didn't report you to ebay or paypal or anything, i just said ok, i'll do the return.

Besides, you could have mentioned that the bag wasn't new. It was sitting in your closet in the dust bag after you used it.

The seller said the bag was new, not used. She said it was sitting new, unused, in it's dustbag in her closet. So it wasn't worn.

This is why I'm paranoid about buying designer handbags on ebay. We're all human and can miss things like minor scratches and spots. So someone can be completely honest in their auction and you can still get something that isn't what you were expecting. It's one of the risks of Ebay shopping.

Unless a bag is something that I can no longer get directly from Coach or in person, then I won't buy bags on eBay, it's just too much hassle for so many reasons.

I'm really glad you were able to find one in a store. I have the larger version of this bag in white and it's so frickin' cute. You're just going to be in love with it!