So upset! DHL lost my Sloane!

maedchen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
I'm so sad and angry at the moment :crybaby:

I ordered a Sloane from Bluefly last week, and was expecting it yesterday, but the DHL guy left it outside my apartment building and it wasn't there when I went to get it! I'm so upset cause I was looking forward to getting my first BV!

I'm angry at Bluefly cause they didn't do signature confirmation for a $1500 bag, and I'm angry at DHL for leaving a package OUTSIDE the gate (I assume) on a busy street! :cursing: Why would you do that?

Now DHL is saying they can't do anything till Monday when the deliver guy has to come and verify that it's gone (I mean, of course it's not going to be there if you leave it on the street without letting me know that you put it there!). Also Bluefly said that I have to wait 14 days before I get a refund. I don't want a refund! I want my Sloane! :sad:

Sorry for the rant. I'm just really disappointed.

oh gosh, this must feel so terrible! i mean, could the delivery guy have been any more stupid? this is like a chain reaction of bad luck!

i feel so sorry for you, honestly!:shocked:

I am so sorry this happened to you. What is with companies that don't require signature confirmation for expensive bags? NM did the same thing to me with a $1300 Miu Miu. Idiots. I hope you get the bag you ordered.

maedchen - I'm so, so sorry to hear that this has happened, and that your delivery person was so whacked out on crack that he thought it was OK to just leave it there. Believe me, I can empathize with having to deal with the monumental stupidity of DHL at every link on the food chain. If it makes you feel any less singled out, I've had an order from Net-A-Porter (involving an Old Petra Roma, no less) in limbo for 12 days now and counting; and repeated calls to DHL's useless customer service have yielded nothing but conflicting answers, zero accountability, and woefully under-trained employees trying to muddle through a deeply inadequate and inefficient system lacking any real checks and balances.

On top of that, the local DHL delivery person is out sick for a while and the relief person does not even know how to use the parcel scanner (this is true), so once parcels are lucky enough to get released from the "bond room" in Vancouver (where my Roma is languishing), they become non-trackable for the remainder of their journey.

I'll spare you the other DHL stories, because there's just not enough room here. I have the option of avoiding them when the item is a common one and I can choose another company that uses FedEx, etc. But sometimes NAP and BF are the only sources to find certain things, and then I just brace myself for the inevitable round of incompetence that follows.

I sincerely hope that Bluefly will resolve this fairly and that a replacement will appear for you. I'd love to hear a happy ending to this story!

Thanks for all your sweet words. Boxermom and bete_noire, I'm sorry to hear that you've had to deal with this too, and I hope your package arrives soon bete!

I really can't believe how incompetent DHL is. I always thought that they were better than FedEx and UPS (not that that's saying a lot), but it seems like they're just as bad, if not worse. At least UPS and FedEx usually leave a note to let you know where they put it. I got nothing from DHL.

When I asked Bluefly about replacing the item instead of refunding, they said that because they don't know if or when they'll get more stock in, they'd only be able to refund.

Luckily, I've been glued to Bluefly all day though, and just found a cream Sloane. I was hoping to get the dark brown one (Moro?), but I ordered this one anyway. Hopefully I'll fall in love with it just like the brown one, and this will be my happy ending :yes:

Thanks again for all your support!

DHL is the worst in the industry. They pay the lowest wage, therefore their drivers don't care. A friend of mine is a UPS driver, he had some horror stories about DHL. The best couriers are UPS and FedEx, and lagging far far behind is DHL.