So unsure of my impulse purchase...

cherryrose

Aug 23, 2009
So I thought I would have a little retail therapy and so off I go to Bicester! Sat on the shelf is a choc roxy with no sub ticket. SA and I both looked at it and no obvious faults. After pondering over a gorgeous red bays (outlet special) I decided to go for the roxy. They had a fab oak mabel hobo as well which I nearly fell for but have a butterscotch already.

Now on my journey home I'm wondering if I've made the right decision. I've never had a choc before and so wanted an oak.
:confused1:

Hmmm. Well, imvho, given that roxy is being discontinued maybe choc or black are your best bet as they will be easier to keep looking perfect. You will never be able to replace the bag with a new one (sob!!) so makes sense to buy a colour that will look great for the long haul? xx

Ok once I'm home I will post some pics! I took my oak Antony out as the weather wasn't great but the leather looks so dark and I'm not sure I would want my roxy going the same way. I think the choc will age better and I know once I'm home it will be love!

I think what did it was a girl walking out of the store with her brand new oak roxy she had obviously just bought! It was raining hard so no way would I have done that without treating her first!

Strangely I called Bicester first thing and was told they had NO classic roxys??
But the SA that served me said they had the choc I bought and 2 oaks in yesterday which had both been sold. They did have a smooth leather lipstick pink roxy and I think a python but no others.

Maybe give her a go cherryrose and see how you get on. Bearing in mind that they are being discontinued you will never have a problem selling her on if you don't get along. You are very lucky to get a perfect roxy at the outlets. Congrats and I can't wait to see the pics.

So so jealous Cherryrose! The choc Roxanne was my first ever Mulberry and I wish I hadn't sold her... I would loooove to reacquire one! It's a great choice, you shouldn't have regrets about such a sound investment, IMO. Enjoy her : )

when i was there at bicester yesterday, they had 2 black roxys, one black antique leather roxy with black hardware, which was a nice bag and 2 oaks! the SAs couldnt tell me why they had come in, some had sub on the tag but had no fault!

Imho chocolate suits the Roxy so well and with the current uncertainty over her future you can't go wrong by getting her at the outlet price . Congratulations !

Look forward to the pics.

IMVHO I think you have done very well hun!

As you all know I love Oak beyond belief but the Roxy in Choc just gets better & better & glossier & glossier!

You have bagged (sorry) an absolute bargain.

Having said all that, when you get home have a nice calm think, consider your wardrobe & lifestyle...........more to calm your nerves babe.

Seriously, I think you have done very well, and the doubts of come because of the girl walking out with one.

HTHS Ellie xx

I've sat down and had a lovely cup of tea and I'm finding myself just staring at my new beauty :love: Thank you all for your very helpful comments.

My doubts did indeed come about because of the girl walking out with her new oak roxy. I have my beautiful oak phoebe and to be honest I'm a little reluctant to use her because I'm worried about her going the same way as my oak antony so actually the choc was meant to be!!! :yahoo:

So here is my new choccy Easter treat to myself!!........

Attachments

• roxy3.jpg
    roxy3.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 111
  • roxy2.jpg
    roxy2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 84
  • roxy1.jpg
    roxy1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 128