So UNBELIEVABLY MAD!!!What would you do?

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
Sold a bag to a buyer in the UK on July 9th. I shipped the next day after payment. The bag arrived in the Uk in a timely fashion and was attempted to be delivered on July 20. The buyer left the bag sitting in the post office and refused to pick it up. She then on 8/11 opened a clain with paypal for INR. Paypal found in my favor in less than 24 hours because they attempted to deliver and she made no attempts to pick up or have it redelivered.
Today I receive an email from the buyer that the bag has been returned to my from her post office as she never got it. Of course she is requesting a refund.
i called paypal and they said that since she already filed a claim and they found in my favor that if and when I get the bag back that it is up to me if I want to refund the buyer. Ultimately I have the money and possible the bag too. They said I do not have to refund.
I am an honest ebayer and person. I certaintly do not want to keep their money and the bag but I am sooooo pissed that I want to teach them a lesson. I am thinking about refunding the money less ebay/paypal fees and of course the shipping fees that I will be charged to return to sender and i would really love to charge something for my aggrivation.
I have emailed this buyer over 20 times with information even though it was always available to them through paypal and ebay. I have called ebay/paypal more than 4 times for this crap.
I would love some advise.
Note that I am not a new seller I have been on ebay for 5 years with over 460 feedback at 100%.

Some people are SOOO ridiculous. Tell her that ATM, YOU do not have possession of the bag either as it's off wandering about in the mail somewhere MAYBE on it's way back to you, but really who knows. Tell her that IF the bag makes it's way back home, you will contact her then and discuss a refund. But until then you cannot refund her.
What a TWIT!

Some people are SOOO ridiculous. Tell her that ATM, YOU do not have possession of the bag either as it's off wandering about in the mail somewhere MAYBE on it's way back to you, but really who knows. Tell her that IF the bag makes it's way back home, you will contact her then and discuss a refund. But until then you cannot refund her.
What a TWIT!
Thanks Ellie Mae
Icannot tell you how furious that this preson has wasted my time with the crap.
I do not know if they can do a chargeback and paypal has told me that it wont matter I am protected under seller protection. This buyer had made the descision even after paypal told them to pick it up.

i called paypal and they said that since she already filed a claim and they found in my favor that if and when I get the bag back that it is up to me if I want to refund the buyer. Ultimately I have the money and possible the bag too. They said I do not have to refund.

Well, they are wrong.

Paypal are not above the law and if you keep the bag and don't refund her (which I'm sure you wouldn't do!), that's theft.

What they, presumably, meant to say, was that you can choose to refund her, or just resend the bag to the buyer.

If I were you I'd refund her (possibly less expenses, as you say), as who's to say she won't just do the same thing again? :shrugs:

BTW, it's possible that the buyer didn't collect the bag, as Parcel Force were requesting she pay an outrageous amount of import tax/duties (i.e. far more than the usual approx. 21%); this often happens with them, as they seem to make it up on the spot (nothing to do with the true value, or stated value of the item [I think it may be some sort of racket, TBH!]) and the buyer can't collect the bag without paying it, even if the duty is 5x what it should be (or even more!). :tdown:

If that was the case, she should have let you know what was going on, though; not lied about it not being delivered.

ETA: Oh and another thing - Parcel Force don't 'do' delivery notes (or second delivery attempts!), so if she was out, it's also highly possible that she didn't know they'd tried to deliver it! :rolleyes:

Great, aren't they?

I had a bit of a campaign going last year, trying to persuade US sellers to not ship via any service that uses them. :yes:

Last edited:
She made statements to paypal that sh did not know there were taxes but my listing clearly states that it is possible and the buyers responsibility. Paypal sent her a courtesy email saying that she had to either pick it up or make arrangements to get it. She then emailed me last saturday to say that she rescheduled delivery fo tuesday and again they attempted to deliver it
Now apparently it is on ots way back to me

^ Oh, I see. :yes:

I still wonder whether they charged her the right amount, though? :shrugs:

Although I realise it's not, in any way, your fault, I'm sure you can understand that a totally incorrect, non-negotiable, charge that might amount to half the purchase price of the bag, or more, can be pretty off-putting.

Especially as (even if one knows one is being overcharged) one doesn't know if one will ever be able to get the extra back (I believe you can appeal, but only after you've paid and there's no guarantee that that appeal will be successful [and she may not have even known that she could appeal, anyway]).

If they charged her the correct amount, however, there is absolutely no excuse for her behaviour; as it is her responsibility, as buyer, to find out about import duties and VAT. :yes:

Last edited: