So tomorrow's April Fool's Day..and I need your help

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I want to prank my parents, ESPECIALLY my mom. I'm away at school and my boyfriend goes to school with me. We have been dating for 4 years and my mom can't wait to see an engagement ring on my finger. Well, I want to pull a prank on her that I'm engaged. And then when I want to send the *photos* of the ring, the email will say, APRIL FOOL'S!

But how do I do this and make her really believe me? Call her tomorrow afternoon and scream wildly? Idk b/c I have classes until 3:45, but then I could say Bob is coming over at like 4:30 before his exam. And THAT'S when i'll get my *ring*. My father is coming down to go out to dinner with me at 5:30-6...so it has to be between 4 and 5.

I'm terrible at lying .. lol. But it would be SUCH a great prank.

More suggestions welcomed! Thanks everyone!:yes:

2. Just be careful about pranking on April 1st (Fool's Day). Last time I did the exact same scenario, we actually tied the knot (In Vegas):lol: Kind of like, be careful what you wish for:love: Good luck:tup:

3. lol oh goodeness!

4. ahhh, im all for pranks, but lying about an engagement (especially if its something your mum is really hoping for), imo is going a little too far! ;) - I know if it was me I wouldnt find it that amusing!

5. aw really? :sad:

6. afraid so honey!!! its just abit too much of a "big" prank, and honestly, your mum is going to go from ecstasy to misery so fast she is not gonna be able to process it! - obviously you know your mum best, im just going by how my mum would have felt, and definately how I would feel if either of my daughters told me that, to then turn it around to say it was a joke!!! Bottom line is an engagement (for mums) is one of the most thrilling and biggest things that will ever happen for you, and I think she would be abit upset :smile:

7. thats not to say you shouldnt pull some other kind of prank tho, lol ...........

8. lol ok..but just tone it down a bit :graucho:

9. I think the joke is a great idea. I think it would be funny!

When you call, just act really excited!! Dont forget to think of the *perfect* proposal, just incase she asks how he did it. Or you could say "I've got to go, but I will Email you all of the details!" ;)

10. Or you could tell your mom you're pregnant...:roflmfao:

That would probably be worse than an engagement though!

11. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

12. instead of lying about something that would make her happy, why not lie about something that would shock her with a little disappointment instead? then when you tell her the truth, she'll be relieved, not let down.
    for example, "mom I just got a tattoo of my boyfriends face on my entire back."
    offer to come over to show it to her but when you lift your shirt up it says, April Fools on your back instead.

13. I agree with Chloe-babe, but for a different reason.

I know you'll want her to be really, really excited when you actually do get engaged and if you pull this prank, you might not get that same level of joy the "real" time.

14. I agree that this might not be the best prank. April Fool's is supposed to be fun, innocent pranks, not jokes that may end up hurting someone.

You could do it a different way, for example call your mom and tell her you're calling from Vegas where you just got married. :shrugs: I dunno I just think your mom's feelings might get hurt.