so today (sorry, long)

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
i finally got off my duff and returned 2 pairs of chanel shoes my mom bought me to saks. i thought i got them in jan but it was actually november. eek. anyway i was so stoked because i had all this money to spend and it was truly the first time i could buy basically anything i wanted. so of course i head to cl. i found like 6 pairs of shoes i wanted and out of 6 they had 2! hello! people! i have money to burn here! so anyway the sweet SA ended up finding me one of the shoes i wanted but (of course there's a but) it's not the heel height i wanted. i got the black simple 100s but i wanted 85s. he said he's not sure when they might get the 85s back in. so here's my question: do you think the 100s are work appropriate or too high? i truly love them but i wanted black simples to wear for every day and i'm afraid they're too high/sexy for that. as an evening shoe they work but i also have my black vps for that which i think are close to the same height.

also (and i'll take a pic in a bit) my feet wrinkle a little bit on the side in them. i tried on the 39.5 and they did it in both those and the 40s. i got the 40s because i thought they were more comfy but now i'm wondering if i shouldnt have gotten the 39.5 if my feet were going to wrinkle in both. i recently wore 2 pairs of my simples in 40 and i realized the back is a little big and i'm worried when they stretch they'll be too big. but prob nothing that a ped or something can't handle.

so anyway that's my story. i am so excited though also because i found a jacket i tried on this week at BG on sale at saks plus they put it aside for me for the friends and family 25% off so i'll be getting it for about 200 less than bg had it for.

ooh AND i saw isla fischer filming "confessions of a shopaholic" on my way home! she looked SO CUTE!

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
ooh i also tried on just one of the nude patent jolies. wow. i want them so bad! but i think they're limited on what i would wear them with for the money...

wantmore

Sep 8, 2007
Hollyweird
Isn't that the case most of the time....when you want to buy something, you can't find what to buy??? LOL!

I have both the 85 and 100 in the Simples and I don't think that the 100 is too sexy for work. The difference is really minute between the 85 and 100. With the sizing, I went 1/2 size up from my normal US size and the heel was loose, but I put on heel grips. I don't think I'll be able to stand the break in period in the toe box had I stayed w/ my regular US size. If you're okay with the smaller size then get that instead, since they'll stretch accdg to a lot of tPFers (mine hasn't stretched after 3-4 wears).

YAY about the discount on the jacket! $200 is a lot of savings!

I still have to read the series of that book, before I see it on the big screen. It's just that I'm always here on tPF and can't do anything else, LOL!

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
i just checked my other simples and my toes look wrinkly in them too. maybe my toes are just super wrinkly today? or else my feet are swollen or something?

i know wantmore, it's always that way! but i should relax and not let it burn a hole in my pocket. i think i'm actually going to spend the rest on clothes. that IS a lot of savings right? omg so excited!! they had like 4 jackets and 1 just happened to be my size. i am so thrilled!

you really think the difference is minute? i was made fun of at work for the 85s (i'm a big ole klutz and my boss is concerned i'm going to hurt myself in my heels. hah! proved him wrong!) and was worried the 100s were way too high. would you wear the 100s for like everyday and running around and stuff? you're right about the break in period. these felt better. though after 2 wears my mias def felt looser. the suede- not so much yet but then i only wore them once.

KathyD

O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
Texas
I currently own two Lou's - blk Decolette and nude yoyo's. Both are 100cm. I think the heel is very high for work or running around. But that's just me. I am going to look for a shoe in 85 for that purpose. I'm sure the 100's are gorgeous :drool:, but I would look for 85 for everyday. Looking forward to pics.

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
I don't think 100 is too high for work – especially in the Simples. They are sexy, but modest shoe. Gorgeous!

As for sizing, I don't like the way Simples work on me when they are slightly small. I feel like they'll lose their shape if I have to let them stretch. It's hard to say though. You don't want them to end up too big.

Cant wait to see your pix!

wantmore

Sep 8, 2007
Hollyweird
I'm lazy to take pic of my Simple 85 and 100, but did you see my post about my 85 and 100 YoYo? I can post it again, if you want.

gemruby41

O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
Miami, FL
I wear my simple 100's to work all the time. I didn't get the wrinkly effect with mine, maybe because they fit perfectly. This does not happen often with CL's.

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
i am pretty sure the 40s are better. dunno why i saw the wrinkling on my foot. i've never noticed that before. but some days my feet are just odd.

i am still torn about the heel height. and i am so tempted to wear them tomorrow! it's my niece's 18th bday and we're going outto a nice dinner. i dont know what shoes to wear! was thinking vps but that will put me almost 6" taller than everyone else i'll be with. lol.

wantmore- no i don't know that post...

wantmore

Sep 8, 2007
Hollyweird
This is how the 100mm is vs the 85mm, only they are my YoYos (too lazy to take new photos of my 85 and 100 Simples), but you see how minute the diff. is.

ashakes

O.G.
May 26, 2007
I think the 100s are fine for work! I wear them. lol But, you should stick with what makes you comfortable. Pics??? :smile:

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
the Mothership
I know that most everyone feels that the 100s are fine for work, but it depends on where you work. I work in finance and wouldn't go over 85, but that's just me. Also, my DH thinks that anything over 3 inches is too trampy for work in his opinion. He thinks it sends the wrong message. But I love heels for work. I used to wear them higher, but now I try not to go over 3 inches. Of course if you work in fashion, or in a creative field, then you have more wiggle room with your wardrobe. OK, I'm going to run for cover now before you all start throwing things :P

japskivt

Jul 11, 2006
NYC
I wear 4 inches to work and platforms. I like heels. I think it just depends on how you wear them.

fmd914

O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
Somewhere too cold....
I know that most everyone feels that the 100s are fine for work, but it depends on where you work. I work in finance and wouldn't go over 85, but that's just me. Also, my DH thinks that anything over 3 inches is too trampy for work in his opinion. He thinks it sends the wrong message. But I love heels for work. I used to wear them higher, but now I try not to go over 3 inches. Of course if you work in fashion, or in a creative field, then you have more wiggle room with your wardrobe. OK, I'm going to run for cover now before you all start throwing things :P

Ha, ha! I won't start throwing things, but I will disagree! I work in an extremely conservative field (and a conservative position) and I wear my Simple 100s to work. Of course, I am only 5'2" so even in 100s I am not that tall. I think a lot of it has to do with your outfit. The biggest is comfort. Will you be comfortable all day in 100s?