So this got me thinking (About Carly fraying issues)

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
This issues obviously is a design flaw. Does anyone think Coach can fix this at production level and what would it take ? It seems like their most popular design has a big defect ! I think leather corners would ruin the look of the bag ? Any other opinions ?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!
Jan 2, 2008
I agree Mrs.MC, I think a full leather corner on a carly would look :yucky:.... I'm not sure? maybe a coated canvas on the corners? I don't know how they would do that or make it to where it would mesh right, but maybe a coated part on the corners would prevent the fraying? just an idea? I just looked at my carly, I've had it for a couple of months now... no fraying issues for me yet... does this happen to a lot of carlys? I'm nervous now! :crybaby:

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
Wellington, FL
I havent had any issues w/my replacement Carly yet, but I also haven't used it since I bought my Louis. But thank goodness it doesnt have holes like the first one!!!

I think doing anything else design wise to the carly would ruin the overall look of it. So maybe they'll stop producing a style like this??

donnalynn11

Jul 25, 2007
Or just stick to Carly's in leather, which is more durable, especially for a design where the corners are pointed like that.

fieldsinspring

Smiling :)
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I agree, the look is what makes Carly hot.. another problem though is the fraying is even more common on the top of the bag rather than the bottom. It stinks. :tdown:

elnrie

Apr 3, 2008
I switch my bags around a lot so I haven't had a problem with it myself. Its unfortunate this happens considering how much money we spend on our Carlys. :sad: