so tell me about the large paris-bombay (please) . . . .

^^^^You got Judy and "Jane, stop this crazy thing!"

and don't forget astro!!!

HG, think they'll have one for me to try on friday?

more mid-century futuristic for your viewing pleasure -- one of the best bad movies ever made (and i think she's wearing one of those bras shopmom mentioned):

catwomen_main.jpg

That was my all time favorite cartoon!

The bag...I love large-ish bags, but found this one to be a bit unwieldly... I do think it might make a great weekend bag or work tote for when you have a "load"... I am looking forward to the medium size! I do like the look of the PB... Love the idea of a shoulder tote, but brings back memories of my large Chloe zippy bag...bumped in to everything...

^^ LOL, you girls are starting the chuckles again. Once the ON button is switched on, it'll take a power cut to bring it to a stop. :roflmfao:

I tried on the MM size (35cm) very recently, and I like the size. It's just nice. It's enough to hold a long H wallet, mobile phone, sunglass' case, bunch of keys and also a karo clutch; all nicely sitting at the bottom of the bag, no overlapping whatsoever. I like the fact that I can zip the bag wide open, and my belongings still will not fall out.

It's a great hand carry bag. Although the handle drop is long enough for you to bring the bag over your shoulders, it's not advisable to use it as a shoulder bag because you will deform the bag, squeezing it against your body. In order to construct a east west design and one that holds its shape, it's made mainly in epsom, vache liegee and also box calf (but rarer in numbers).

That said, DQ - you need to go fiddle with one and decide if it's for you. Unless something really prevents me from getting the rouge H box calf PB that I want, I think a MM PB would be really great for me, to spice up my bag collection a bit.:graucho:

I have one in the GM size - 42cm long (similar to the shoulder Birkin) when its sides are pushed out. Rouge H vache liegee, vache naturel lining (I think).

It's FANTASTIC - I adore it! I've had it since last year and use it for work most days. The lining smells heavenly and I love the flexibility of carrying it by hand or on the shoulder. I'm only 5 ft 2 in and with the sides tucked in, it's surprisingly compact. If I'm carrying more, I push out the sides. It's quite light and the vache liegee leather is great - tough, becomes supple after a few uses but retains the shape of the bag beautifully. Very easy access with the zipper closure - like the Bolide. And it's also discreet....like the Bolide.....;)

thanks, madame wilde -- i didn't even know you COULD push the sides in. i'd be using it for work, too, which is why i'm thinking i need the large size -- can you fit some work papers (without a stiff folder) or a couple magazines in there?

thanks, madame wilde -- i didn't even know you COULD push the sides in. i'd be using it for work, too, which is why i'm thinking i need the large size -- can you fit some work papers (without a stiff folder) or a couple magazines in there?

Oh! I didn't know this either! madame wilde, would you like to show us in pictures, please? When you push the sides in, how does it stay in?

Hi Dressage Queen!

Yes, you definitely can shove in the sides and I like it best that way - it looks very feminine and sweetly old-world. If you're around my height, it's also best with sides-shoved-in if you plan to wear it on the shoulder.

I was umming and ahhing about it (was having hot flushes over the Rouge H colour in vache liegee but had to "learn" how to handle the PB style) and then I decided to play with it in the dressing room with the 360 degree view, thanks to the mirrors! Flopped down on the armchair, pushed in the sides of the bag, perched it on my lap and then caught sight of myself in the mirror.....and that was IT! :heart: Emptied my Kelly contents into it, left my Kelly at the store to be polished and ran out into the street with my scrumptious new PB ... :nuts:

Yes, I fit almost as much into the PB as I do in a 35cm Birkin. With magazines and papers (A4), I fit them in lengthwise - they do pop out the top because the PB isn't as "tall" as a Birkin - but I'm fine with that. That's the essential test for me with a work bag: must fit research papers, small umbrella, sometimes a pair of spare shoes, wallet, agenda, tissue holder, cosmetic case, mobile phone, a snack or small bottle of water, sometimes a cashmere shawl .... the PB accommodates this with the sides pushed out (I gave it a test run in the store).

So it's my alternate Birkin (great for rainy days when you need spare hands for an umbrella) and I think it's likely to be my travel bag because of the easy access and the shoulder option.:smile: ...and the push-in-push-out aspect....

Is there a particular leather you're looking for? I've also seen it in gold vache liegee (very nice), black box (my favourite leather), and blue jean epsom (I'm not a fan of epsom....)...