So sad - Why are resale values for Chloe so low?

snowbrdgrl

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
I've recently decided to clean out my closet and pare down my purse collection, and have a paddington pretty much in perfect condition I was thinking of listing on e*bay. I can't believe the prices for selling are so low :sad: It makes me so sad that the MSRPs on these bags are so high yet there is no resale value practically....

I also brought it to consignment (they take 50% of selling price) and I got it back because I couldn't part with it for $400 :sad: BOOOO....

Does it sound stupid if I say it makes me not want to buy Chloe again? I guess it's not as popular or cherished as LV or Chanel or Gucci?

Note that buying/selling/trading is not permitted here

Last edited by a moderator:
funny you should bring this up. I was just going through my bags and considered selling my paddington. I looked on ebay to see what they were selling for. They're barely getting $400. So I'm keeping it.

I sold my paddington a few months ago. Couldn't believe how Paddingtons seem to have really gone down in value the last few years and i lost money. Fortunately it was not too bad as i had bought it pre loved. I think if you no longer use it then you may as well sell it on...

I sold my paddington a few months ago. Couldn't believe how Paddingtons seem to have really gone down in value the last few years and i lost money. Fortunately it was not too bad as i had bought it pre loved. I think if you no longer use it then you may as well sell it on...

I don't use anymore but I did buy at full retail and the prices listed are just ridiculous

I have a preloved sand/sable baby paddy in perfect condition, thought of selling on eBay but they are selling at ridiculous prices and to try and sell your bag on there for a decent amount you just wont get. I think its the fakes that are dragging the prices down so decided to keep!

I have found that typically almost all the designer brands except Hermes, Chanel and LV have lower resale values. Basically any designer that have sales, their resale value is lower than these three. I have learned this the costly way on Marc jacobs, Prada, Gucci, Dior and Balenciaga. There are exceptions both ways but I have found this to be the norm. And forget limited editions of anything...those have the biggest resale drop. I have not owned a Chloe. ( always admired from afar), but I think it's the same, unless maybe for in demand current styles (but we don't let go of those at that time right). I have our bought and sold so many bags and I don't like to think about it but I'm pretty sure I could have bought a new purse or two from the net losses :sad:

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
It really depends on the model and the colour. Unfortunately the Paddy is out of style now, there are plenty of pre-owned ones on eBay and on other sites that no one is interested in, it's a simple question of offer and demand, as sad as it is. A Marcie or Paraty still has a really good resale value, especially in neutral shades of black and the various brown/beige tones. But who knows until when this will last? Maybe these styles will become outdated too one day.

I don't use anymore but I did buy at full retail and the prices listed are just ridiculous

I have a preloved sand/sable baby paddy in perfect condition, thought of selling on eBay but they are selling at ridiculous prices and to try and sell your bag on there for a decent amount you just wont get. I think its the fakes that are dragging the prices down so decided to keep!

I have found that typically almost all the designer brands except Hermes, Chanel and LV have lower resale values. Basically any designer that have sales, their resale value is lower than these three. I have learned this the costly way on Marc jacobs, Prada, Gucci, Dior and Balenciaga. There are exceptions both ways but I have found this to be the norm. And forget limited editions of anything...those have the biggest resale drop. I have not owned a Chloe. ( always admired from afar), but I think it's the same, unless maybe for in demand current styles (but we don't let go of those at that time right). I have our bought and sold so many bags and I don't like to think about it but I'm pretty sure I could have bought a new purse or two from the net losses :sad:

I hear ya... I bought my paddy from Net-A-Porter when it was the it bag and had to pay so much in custom... now it's not worth the time to photograph it and write up a listing for it. As much as I love the Drew bag, I'll think I'll pass and stick to Chanel and LV for now... I don't think I will get a decent price for my Antigona...

Last edited: