So sad to see a fakes Neverfull ...it's so real..any comment

Bump !!

I still dont get the exact difference. I know you shouldnt buy fakes but if fakes are 200 $ and authentic is 3000 $ what are the differences?

Now fakes are using cowhides/lambskins the real thing and still able to sell it cheap how they manage to do that??

Aside from the lack of quality which, yes, people can usually tell visually (or by odor) within a couple feet of the item.. the difference is you're wearing a stolen label and contributing to a criminal world of child labor/abuse, terrorism, and loss of legitimate jobs. Everything from medicine to baby formula is counterfeited not just bags.. no one should support that nasty, dangerous, greedy industry.

Bump !!

I still dont get the exact difference. I know you shouldnt buy fakes but if fakes are 200 $ and authentic is 3000 $ what are the differences?

Now fakes are using cowhides/lambskins the real thing and still able to sell it cheap how they manage to do that??

Because it is morally wrong. If one doesn't want to pay the price of a real one, they can always buy something of similar style from a more affordable brand.

The people who buy fakes can't fool themselves. Carry your real one with pride.

ITA with Antonio...if you know the bag well enough, you can tell fakes from real.

Here's a AAA fake that someone posted in an earlier thread:

The vachetta is all wrong (size and no lines on them at the edge)
and the alignment is wrong.

(inside seams are very sloppy, alignment is wrong, can't see heat stamp which often has wrong font, and font of the inside pocket is too thick)

date code is the wrong font, alignment is wrong
There are lines on the Vachetta if you look closely. The pictures were taken with too bright a light to see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump !!

The difference for you as a "customer" should you ever be seen carrying a fake (here in Europe, where counterfeit is a very serious offence), is that you risk having it confiscated at Customs, in a shop or even in the street, as well as being fined AT LEAST the equivalent of the retail price of the real article (for instance, over 1000 USD for a Neverfull), if not twice or more that amount.

That´s the law here: fakes are for criminals or losers. Period :smile:

My sister lives in Italy and out of curiosity i asked her to get any bag so i could see for myself. well supposedly they make excellent fakes in Italy and the Delightful GM she bought was actually made of real leather that could patina, the alignment was actually quite spot on and all the visible details were good as well. BUT the red glazing was sloppy and anybody familiar with the brand could actually tell it was fake. the canvas felt like plastic and the lining was some cheap material. i can always tell by the glazing on a bag. I know LV has it's issues with glazing but those colors on the fakes are horrible. IMHO, once you've felt and examined the real thing inside and out, you cannot be fooled by a fake. by the way, i don't think those superfakes exist at all. it takes too much time to perfect LV designs and details for any counterfeiter to make a good profit off of it; might as well move on to a faster money making endeavor:graucho:
buy the real thing for yourself and wear it proudly. fakes are a big no no. why spend $100 for a horrible fake when you can get a decent speedy for $400 preloved? i don't get it

It's worrying to know that there are replicas out there that look so real. Unfortunately some people to opt for the fake version =(

I cannot stand anything that is fake, and that includes fake nails, eyelashes and hair extensions (no offence to everyone who likes them), but I personally really hate it.

It's worrying to know that there are replicas out there that look so real. Unfortunately some people to opt for the fake version =(

I cannot stand anything that is fake, and that includes fake nails, eyelashes and hair extensions (no offense to everyone who likes them), but I personally really hate it.

I am the exact same way... even fake fireplaces and faux finishes on walls I don't like. :P If it's not actually marbled or brick don't pretend it is. Lol. People who knowingly carry fakes, I can't help but sometimes associate them with possibly being fake too, trying to be something they're not. And fake/2-faced people are the worst. I'm not sure why people wouldn't just carry a genuine beautiful Rebecca Minkoff or Tory Burch etc.. before faking a higher-end bag with some knock-off. That fake makes the woman so much less appealing, imo.

I am the exact same way... even fake fireplaces and faux finishes on walls I don't like. :P If it's not actually marbled or brick don't pretend it is. Lol. People who knowingly carry fakes, I can't help but sometimes associate them with possibly being fake too, trying to be something they're not. And fake/2-faced people are the worst. I'm not sure why people wouldn't just carry a genuine beautiful Rebecca Minkoff or Tory Burch etc.. before faking a higher-end bag with some knock-off. That fake makes the woman so much less appealing, imo.
I totally agree. One reason they carry fakes may be because they can't afford the real thing, but then wouldn't you just get a cheaper bag or one that isn't a luxury piece?
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who dislike anything that's fake.
Fake personality must be the worst though, pretending to be someone you're not!

Aside from the lack of quality which, yes, people can usually tell visually (or by odor) within a couple feet of the item.. the difference is you're wearing a stolen label and contributing to a criminal world of child labor/abuse, terrorism, and loss of legitimate jobs. Everything from medicine to baby formula is counterfeited not just bags.. no one should support that nasty, dangerous, greedy industry.

Don't forget the fake eggs too!! Just thought that deserved an honorable mention.

Unfortunately, I believe that the child labor/abuse issue is a result of globalization and some major brands (not just fashion related ones) have been caught doing this in their offshore factories in countries where labor laws are virtually non-existent. This isn't just a fake bag problem, it's a real world problem-- much of what we buy is produced in countries that have loose labor regulations which aren't enforced that well. It's sad, but it is reality and it doesn't just involve the counterfeit industry-- abusive labor practices can very well be used to create the smallest things we can even think of-- coffee machines, the paint on our walls, our technology, etc... It's something that continues to happen not because of the counterfeit industry, but rather to increase bottom lines, drive home profits and please shareholders. And that, in and of itself, could very well involve the mistreatment and abuse of children in factories, which have been well documented several times. I know my view of the world is pessimistic, but I also like to believe that it is realistic and that we need to welcome change in order to progress as a human race. For cases of child abuse in factories/ misuse of labor relations, I blame legislation.

The reason why I buy authentic bags is simple and I believe someone on here mentioned the perfect anecdote but I can't find the thread on here anywhere. But it certainly sums it up perfectly. She told a story about how she used to buy "superfakes"-- fakes so close to the authentic products that one could not tell it apart and how she used to do countless research when she was younger on the authentic articles just to get the best fakes. But then she realized as she matured, that this wasn't the true essence of owning the bag. She mentioned that the fakes "did not have a soul" like the authentic ones did and that's the reason why she converted herself to buying the real products. I wholeheartedly agree with this 110%. I believe that my authentic bags have the "soul" or the artistic/ creative allure that a fake bag will never possess. An authentic bag is part of a design, part of an aesthetic of a major artistic brand. It's a piece of history with a ""soul". It's impossible to describe it, it is simply one of those things which you just feel, you know? A fake bag feels so hollow and empty, like it has no purpose but to mimic a design whereas a genuine one feels a lot more special and glowing. Not to mention the equitable value of an authentic is clearly much higher than a fake which is worth $0 unless you want to have a hot date with your local court house.

Reactions: Dooneysta
There are some really good replicas and then there are the really horrible ones. Yesterday I saw a DE replica with straps that were an inch wide and very shiny. Then there are those replicas that are very strange. Like these ones I attached. I saw this woman yesterday by my work. It's kind of a mix between a Galliera and a Neverfull..

Last edited by a moderator: