So sad... DH hates the metallic reissue...

your DH has the point , why spent almost 2K when its gonna be sitting in your closet, might as well some thing get something that you love and will use . ( look who's givivng advice, i have the same problem:sad::P:confused1:, but atleast he is okey to get you a different chanel.

You know what, I think you just needed him to talk you out of it. If you don't love it, let it go. I feel this way about flaps - I don't actually love them on me (I do actually love them on younger women). So even though they look good on someone else, I can not be swayed to spend $$$ on something that I don't love and that I won't really use.

^^I'm with Lib on this one. It sounds like you do like to collect them, and you really prefer to carry bigger bags, likes totes, etc. I think you have to love it or it should go back.

These bags are expensive and I want to be able to use all of mine, even if it's just for a special time.

Good luck to you.

I'm really sorry you got into an argument with DH. :sad: This is why I don't discuss my Chanel obsession with my BF. I purchase everything on my own, so I don't need his approval, and he would have a stroke if he knew what Chanel pieces cost! Having said this, your DH sounds like a very reasonable guy, considering he's OK with the cabas, and his advice is super sound! I think you should listen to him (just this once! LOL) since you don't love the bag and you wouldn't get any use out of it. The cabas will be such a sweet reward once you get her! :yes:

This has been an enlightening thread for me, as I've come to realize that I collect too! Out of the 12 Chanels I currently have (not including ones that I have already decided to sell/return!), I only use 4 of them! The rest, I just can't bear to sell/return, because they're just sooooo pretty, or because I think I will use at some point in the future, when I actually can leave my baby with a sitter without having a heart attack, and go out with DH on a date. LOL.

The pretty ones, they make me happy to think they're in my closet. And once in a while, I take them out to gaze at them. LOL. That is sick, isn't it? And then the classics, I'm afraid if I sell now, I will want them later, and they'd be $1040550393 more than they're now.

Thanks for sharing with us your fight with DH. This has been food for thought for me. I hope you guys kiss and make up soon, and maybe you can return the reissue for another tote you will use in addition to the cabas?

sorry to hear that japskivt :sad: nonetheless, at least you didn't spend a whole heap of $ on something that you wouldn't get much use out of! I'm sure you'll find something else you'll love in the near future :yes:

Aww.. japskivt, i'm so sorry to hear about the fight. a bag is totally not worth arguing over. i'm glad you made a wise decision not to go for the metallic black if you're not totally in love with it. i've stopped buying Chanel bags now and focus on preparing the right outfits for my 8 bags. It's a bit ridiculous for me to have dozens of bags while I can really hold one at a time.
Chanel will always have things you will fall in love with again and again, it's their appeal.