So sad! Blue Patent Leather Shoulder Bag Was Defective!

QnBee9

Jun 30, 2010
I bought the blue patent leather shoulder bag over a week ago. I loved it. It was beautiful. After a few days I had noticed the handles' black trim was shedding black string like things, not the stiching though. It kept happening. So I brought it to Coach to ask them about it last night. I noticed then that you could see some orange on the trim where the black had been. They were going to give me a replacement of the same bag and I decided to look it over before I took it home. It had the beginnings of the same thing happening. I decided it was best not to take a replacement of the same bag.

I ended up having them order the purple shoulder bag with gold hardware. I am not a gold hardware fan but have been wanting a purple bag. I think I will wait and see it in person before I decide to keep the purple bag or return it.

I am disappointed in Coach. This is the second bag I had to return in the past few months. The first was the floral Sophia that was falling apart literally. I don't understand why their quality in bags is going down. I have bought Coach for years and never had a problem.

Did anyone else have problems with the blue bag?

That is happening to my camel patent shoulder bag too. The brown trim comes off in huge strings that run the entire length of the handle. I was using the bag one day when I was at Coach and mentioned it to them. They told me to just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to bring it back. They said it's the excess trim coming off on the actual seal or something like that, I don't know. But long story short, yes it's happening to my bag too, which is disappointing.

See I thought it was excess too until I started seeing orange along where the leather met the hardware. Then I realized it was more then that.

I am disappointed by that peeling because it just looks bad when these bits and pieces are peeling off, especially if you don't notice it right away. I think it has to be the patent leather material that makes it do that because I had nothing like that happen with my gray/black exotic embossed shoulder bag.

That sucks!!! Blah seriously coach needs to up the anty on their quality in patent leather...if it was as good as the LV vernis line, I'd snatch them up in a heartbeat! Sorry to hear about the peeling tho...the cobalt is a very pretty color too

Coach needs to do something. The fact that I have had 2 bad bags in less then 3 months makes me think that Coach and I might need a break for awhile.

Beriloffun, did you get the LV patent leather? No issues?

I agree it looks bad when there is all these random strings hanging off. I didn't see any orange or anything on mine, but I haven't looked at it super close lately either. At least they took care of you and exchanged it on the spot though!

That is true. They were good about that. I am glad I didn't take home the same bag though. The customer service was great last night. I am just disappointed in the quality of the patent leather bag. I didn't anticipate that issue.

sorry to hear about that! totally sux!! good luck with the purple one! hopefully it will be a keeper. i think coach is spending more time in cranking out new styles than focusing on the quality. i remember their older bags would last forever! :smile:

Hmmmm....
You could try to repair it yourself (although I know you don't want to) with EdgeKote sealant. I had to do that to my Leigh on the handle where the edge coat was coming off.
But I am sure you probably too upset to do that...so I can see where you would want to return it.
I guess the "Patent Demons" have not been controlled yet in QC. I am sorry, ya'll.
:sad: