So sad about my new bag...

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
I came to the RM board from Coach and was really impressed with the looks of RM MAMs and MABs and the quality of the leather and hardware. Friday, I ordered a light gray MAM with strap from Endless and had it price matched with another boutique for an awesome price!

The was overnighted and the Fedex delivery man decided he didn't feel like dropping it off Saturday so I eagerly waited and received it Monday but was so disappointed when I discovered the back of the bag had black dots all over the leather and there were these strange striped discolorations in the leather, almost looked like someone drew stripes with a crayon and attempted to wipe them off. Of course, the bag is going back. But, I did find out one good thing...the MAM is too small for me. I would definitely need a MAB. Oh well, back to the drawing board. ;)

That stinks! Don't give up on RM though. Sometimes Endless has a bad repuation for sending out bags they shouldn't. I haven't had that problem with them ever, but I know some have. They are awesome about returns and they have always credited my card right away.

Are you going to exchange it for a MAB?

That stinks! Don't give up on RM though. Sometimes Endless has a bad repuation for sending out bags they shouldn't. I haven't had that problem with them ever, but I know some have. They are awesome about returns and they have always credited my card right away.

Are you going to exchange it for a MAB?

ITA - I ordered a light grey MAC from Endless a couple months ago and it came with marks on it as well. Others here have definitely had issues with Endless so definitely try to find a MAB somewhere else....

So sorry that happened to you. But it sounds like you have decided about MAB, so that's a good thing. What color are you looking for? I'm keeping an eye out for the perfect purple one. So I can keep an eye out for you as well. :biggrin:

I'm sorry. When Endless was having that great sale (in combination with Bing c a s h b a c k) I ordered several bags and two of them were obvious returns with stains. Endless seems to be way too lenient in their return policy. I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm sure there's a wonderful MAB in your future!

Sorry this happened to you! I just sent back a bag to Endless that was obviously used. But don't give up! Now you at least know what size works for you!

BOO on the bad bag...but YAY on the MAB! I am getting a brown MAB (my first!!!) for Christmas and I cannot wait! When DH saw it at the store, he was like, "I thought you were shopping for a purse, not luggage..." It made me rethink the MAB, but then I saw the mini and I knew it had to be MAB all the way!

BOO on the bad bag...but YAY on the MAB! I am getting a brown MAB (my first!!!) for Christmas and I cannot wait! When DH saw it at the store, he was like, "I thought you were shopping for a purse, not luggage..." It made me rethink the MAB, but then I saw the mini and I knew it had to be MAB all the way!

Yeah. I am finding that MAMs and MABs are misleading to look at. The MAM looks huge stuffed and structured but when I put my things in it, I am finding that I like to have more room in my bags. I don't like to stuff them jam-packed full. I like to be able to open it and move things around. So, the MAB is more my size when it is smooshy and flattened out a bit. I think RM MAMs and MABs look huge and awful when stuffed. They remind me of camera bags. But if you take out the stuffing, magic happens ;)

So sorry that happened to you. But it sounds like you have decided about MAB, so that's a good thing. What color are you looking for? I'm keeping an eye out for the perfect purple one. So I can keep an eye out for you as well. :biggrin:

Thanks, Cocolo! Yeah, ultimately, I think a MAB would be better for me. I would still love a gray MAB with silver or gunmetal hardware. I will keep an eye out for a purple one for you!