SO process: Different per store?

Whispa, I couldn't contain myself so I took the liberty of calling two Hermes boutiques during lunch. Here's what I'm told about orders placed during the Podium: Orders are placed during the Podium, they are not confirmed at the time, in a few months Corporate will send a list back to the store showing them what will be coming (that includes accessories, bags, RTW, etc). That's how they know whether something has been accepted.:flowers:

Obviously I don't know if this is true ... :lol:

koukanamiya said:
LaVan, when you said your orders were accepted, do you mean it was put through or that it's put through AND they said it's a definite?

As far as I'm aware, when the store manager said it is confirmed, it means that it got accepted. Since he reserved some slots for me for his quota and the orange ostrich leather/color was offered, then it is confirmed. He said also that it will take longer than normal.

La Vanguardia said:
As far as I'm aware, when the store manager said it is confirmed, it means that it got accepted. Since he reserved some slots for me for his quota and the orange ostrich leather/color was offered, then it is confirmed. He said also that it will take longer than normal.

I'm having a spaced-out moment (because of the heat - I'm typically not this slow, I swear!!!) ... I just want to make sure I understand this: So when your manager said it's accepted, it means both put through AND that it's definitely going to be produced and so on?

koukanamiya said:
So when your manager said it's accepted, it means both put through AND that it's definitely going to be produced and so on?

I think so .. . otherwise, he would tell me that he didn't order it.

Just like the 28cm rigid natural veau chamonix Kelly that I initially asked him to order. When he came back from the Podium, he said he couldn't order it as it was not available. That's why we looked through another option for my Kelly order.

koukanamiya said:
Whispa, I couldn't contain myself so I took the liberty of calling two Hermes boutiques during lunch. Here's what I'm told about orders placed during the Podium: Orders are placed during the Podium, they are not confirmed at the time, in a few months Corporate will send a list back to the store showing them what will be coming (that includes accessories, bags, RTW, etc). That's how they know whether something has been accepted.:flowers:

Obviously I don't know if this is true ... :lol:

Ok, if this is the case, then it makes a lot more sense....

whispa777 said:
Ok, if this is the case, then it makes a lot more sense....

But me being the paranoid person that I am (since I am far from a VIP, and not even close to an IP), i don't really believe everything I'm told ... So I'm waiting for other ladies who have placed their orders through the U.S. stores to confirm.:yes: Wait actually, try calling your store and see if they agree with what I just typed.

Anyone else in the U.S.? Or can anyone ask their respect boutiques in the U.S. too?

koukanamiya said:
But me being the paranoid person that I am (since I am far from a VIP, and not even close to an IP), i don't really believe everything I'm told ... So I'm waiting for other ladies who have placed their orders through the U.S. stores to confirm.:yes: Wait actually, try calling your store and see if they agree with what I just typed.

Anyone else in the U.S.? Or can anyone ask their respect boutiques in the U.S. too?

I have a feeling that each person who just calls will get a totally different response. Sorry...I just do:sad:

La Vanguardia said:

That's what I thought, too.

La Vanguardia said:
I think so .. . otherwise, he would tell me that he didn't order it.

Just like the 28cm rigid natural veau chamonix Kelly that I initially asked him to order. When he came back from the Podium, he said he couldn't order it as it was not available. That's why we looked through another option for my Kelly order.

I think I agree. My vert olive had to be placed in a different leather (but I don't mind because it's actually better than the one I ordered), and my store manager said that the vermillon wasn't ordered at Podium because it wasn't available at that time, so it's going as a special order.

i wonder why it should be different in the us? once they placed the order at the podium and the order was accepted how come that corporate axes the order when the leather / colour was offered and the order was within the boutique quota ? weird.
but for me it really always was like with la vans boutique if it was placed it came and if not i was told that i was not placed due to whatever reason

koukanamiya said:
I'm having a spaced-out moment (because of the heat - I'm typically not this slow, I swear!!!) ... I just want to make sure I understand this: So when your manager said it's accepted, it means both put through AND that it's definitely going to be produced and so on?

It was so with me. Although my actual combo wasn't offered at Podium and the store manager took the liberty to order the closest match (Rouge Garance instead of Vermillion).