SO procedure

HG pretty much said it all.

I know a non-VIP and her bag came in 5 months from order time. Quite fast I might add, so be prepared with the $$$.

Then, she SO another bag, but the boutique received the same bag just as a store order "they placed". It was offered to her. She had the option to take it or wait for her SO. Crazy things happen...so you must always be ready!

This actually happened to me. I purchased a Kelly in a boutique in Europe, and they actually let me put in an SO for a gold togo Birkin 35. (they did say it was an "order", not a "waitlist"). Note that the Kelly was my first ever Hermes purchase! Anyway, I knew I wouldn't be back near that boutique until March of '07, so that "requested" that the bag be ready then. Imagine my surprise when it was ready in September, and the SA called me to let me know, and that I had about 2 weeks to figure out how to get it! They transferred it to another store in Europe where I was able to arrange for pickup. I consider myself to be EXTREMELY lucky in how this worked out, as I am not a VIP, had just me the SAs a few days before, etc. I guess it depends on so many factors.