So Overdone?

Pandy

O.G.
Apr 4, 2007
So Balenciaga bags were IT in 2003...now I see them everywhere...people on the subway, walking around, at the mall etc etc. I guess cuz there are so many fakes out there. Im thinking of getting a new bag, one that is light and roomy. Debating btwn the BBag (Part time or city) vs dior gaucho tote. I like how the bbag is lighter but really, is it too overdone now? Honest opinions please!

Hmmm....this may be the wrong place for you to be asking this particular question. I vote for Balenciaga all the way...and no, I don't think it's overdone. But I'm terribly biased. :P

I've been buying/carrying Balenciaga since spring 2002, when it was still hardly known except for a few fashionistas. I got bummed when young Hollywood starlets(namely Olsen twins)were spotted carrying Balenciagas...because shortly after, everyone else followed. I got over it quickly because I love Balenciaga because of the vintage aesthetic, the leather, the colors, and the lightness of it, and I don't care who carries/doesn't carry it.

Really, trend will pass and people will move on to something else anyway. Besides, what matters the most is YOUR opinion.

Another Biased opinion here.

Although I actually love the Gauch Tote also...however, if we are talking about over and done with I think the Gaucho collection takes the cake. I recall seeing it everywhere before and now, sight unseen.

I liked the Gaucho a lot when it first came out, but now I think it's time has passed. Meanwhile, balenciaga has been holding up strong. I say go for the balenciaga.

I love both! But while I've built my Balenciaga collection, I've yet to splurge on a Gaucho. It's personal preference, really... Go for the one you love the most so you won't regret it! :love:

As others have mentioned, this question would probably receive more unbiased opinions in the general handbag section. But to give you my own personal opinion, I don't think it's overdone at all! I think it's become such a necessary staple in one's wardrobe that everyone has one. Kinda like the mary jane pumps of the bag world...or the speedy of the LV world, kwim?

That aside, I think it also depends on where you live. In Miami, for example, I rarely see bbags (mostly LV & Gucci).

I don't buy bbags because they are the 'it' thing, I buy them because I love the style and love how lightweight they are.

DITTO!!! Also, it doesn't matter to me that every other person might be carrying a Bbag, because the way I dress and carry myself are quite different from how other people do so.

Base your purchasing decision on the style that suits you and your needs the most...

Maybe I can be a little more unbiased, as I didn't become interested in balenciaga and dior until just recently. I've already ordered a magenta city, but just two weeks ago, I was contemplating ordering a Gaucho tote as well. And so I went to try it on, and it just didn't feel right for me. It's definitely an edgy bag but I think a BBag is more classic, yet still edgy and will stand the test of time a lot better than the gaucho. Just my two cents. :P

But like the other Pfers have said, it is about what YOU like!

I would go for variety- It stinks when you get sick of everything in your closet and think it all looks the same. I personally would go for something different. I think that's what fashion is about.