So, my UGGs squeak.

Apr 27, 2008
I recently purchased my pair of ultimate short UGGs from an authorized online retailer and my boots squeak! :wtf: It's more noticeable with my right, but my left is starting to act up.

When I place my heel down, there is a noise, similar to a wet-sneaker-sucking-squishy noise, but rest assured, my UGGs have not had ANY interaction with rain. I do not believe it's due to a type of flooring since it makes this noise regardless if I walk on pavement, tile or carpet. So, I'm guessing that maybe there's an "air pocket" of sorts under the heel that is making this noise whenever pressure is applied to the heel.

Is this common with the shoe(s)? I will be calling the retailer this weekend about an exchange and hopefully they will be able to help me out. But, if there is a simpler solution, I would love to hear it! :crybaby:

Thanks!

P.S. I did a +uggs +squeak search and did not find anything. So, if I overlooked it, mods please combine this with an appropiate thread.

I don't have the Ultimate Short, but I have several pairs including the Ultra Tall and none of mine squeek at all, whether I'm walking on wet surface or not. I definitely think your pair is damaged.

OH my gosh! I was just about to post about this! I just rec'd a pair of the ultimate shorts and mine squeek too!!! So I am going to send them back. I ordered mine from onlineshoes.com. I am going to order the ultra shorts instead from zappos.... Hopefully I will like those...

Anyone have any thoughts on the ultimate shorts vs. the ultra shorts??????

Oh and FWIW- the ultras are made in New Zealand? Vs. the ultimates in China... I am not sure if that matters. I kind of was torn anyways on which ones to get so I guess this makes the decision for me... I had ordered the classic talls, but they were just too big and bulky looking for me.

My left UGG Ultimate boot squeaks; glad to hear I am not the only one who has had this problem. I just emailed Zappos today to see about returning/replacing them, as they are annoying, and embarrassing, to wear (I feel like my little niece who has “WeeSqueak” shoes that purposely squeak when she walks). Hopefully, they will let me exchange for a different style.

I didn't think that zappos sold the ultimates???? Well, I am being super slow with this as I have been busy...but I just don't like the ultras...they are too pointy and I think the size 6's were too small in length...my toe hit the end... Anyways, I returned those...well am going to tom. And then the ultimates from onlineshoes that sqeaked...well, I called and told them and they are sending another pair. SOOOO hopefully these will work! (I hadn't worn mine outside the house though...).

Zappos e-mail reply suggestion was to put baby powder on the sole of the boot to stop my squeak.

So, I phoned Zappos and explained how the squeak seemed to be from within the heel of the boot, it was not there when I first got the boot but continued to get worse, and how baby powder would have no effect on it. They let me return my worn Ultimate UGGs, which I exchanged for the Classic UGGs.

I’m really sad the Ultimate has this defect, as they look and feel so much better than the Classic. I didn’t want to have to go through the hassle of possibly having this happen again with the Ultimate and the Ultra UGGs seem to be too pointy (pointed out in the previous post, as well), so back to Classic's for me.

I just searched this forum to find out why my UGGS ( brought in Australia from authorized retailer
UGG AUSTRALIAN MADE since 1974 The Rocks ) squeaked. I was bummed and was ready to ship back my Las Vegas LUXE UGGS. But I called the retailer in Australia - it's air - just remove the insole and reposition them- problem solved! Thanks Sarah's! I love my UGGS again!

Hope this helps someone else .

Reactions: OKDianne
I just searched this forum to find out why my UGGS ( brought in Australia from authorized retailer
UGG AUSTRALIAN MADE since 1974 The Rocks ) squeaked. I was bummed and was ready to ship back my Las Vegas LUXE UGGS. But I called the retailer in Australia - it's air - just remove the insole and reposition them- problem solved! Thanks Sarah's! I love my UGGS again!

Hope this helps someone else .
Good to know! My right boot squeaks like a bird chirping! Paid too much for these for them to make noise!

I recently purchased my pair of ultimate short UGGs from an authorized online retailer and my boots squeak! :wtf: It's more noticeable with my right, but my left is starting to act up.

When I place my heel down, there is a noise, similar to a wet-sneaker-sucking-squishy noise, but rest assured, my UGGs have not had ANY interaction with rain. I do not believe it's due to a type of flooring since it makes this noise regardless if I walk on pavement, tile or carpet. So, I'm guessing that maybe there's an "air pocket" of sorts under the heel that is making this noise whenever pressure is applied to the heel.

Is this common with the shoe(s)? I will be calling the retailer this weekend about an exchange and hopefully they will be able to help me out. But, if there is a simpler solution, I would love to hear it! :crybaby:

Thanks!

P.S. I did a +uggs +squeak search and did not find anything. So, if I overlooked it, mods please combine this with an appropiate thread.
I'm having the exact same problem! Not happy since paying $$$ for these! Hence ... UGH!