So my SA said she is holding an Emerald Day for me....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. BUT from previous experience, I know she isn't very knowledge about Bbag colors, so I think she's mistaken....but what color do you think she has - Vert gazon? Vert foret? My first guess is vert gazon.

When I see the Day she is holding, are there certain numbers on the tag that will tell which color it is? I tried looking in the reference section but didn't see this answer. :confused1:

2. Which store? Balenciaga NY will usually know the colors, sometimes SAs show they're human and make a mistake, but they at least know the real names of the styles and colors.

It could be S/S '06 Emerald as that season had remaining stock in a lot of places. The bags break in wonderfully even though they seem different at first.

It could be S/S '07 Vert Gazon or F/W '07 Pine...can they tell you the letter on the metal tag?

3. No metal tags on the Day bags, so that makes it a little tougher to identify without pics.
    On the paper tag it should have the year followed by the number 1 for S/S or number 3 for F/W, so you can ask the SA about these numbers and can work out the colour from there

4. I want an Emerald Day, so great with black..:heart:

5. It may be pine....not as "bright" as emerald, but a pretty deep green.

6. I went to see it. There was no paper tag so I couldn't go by that. :sad:

I compared the "Emerald" Day to the Vert Foret Work they had and they did seem different. Vert Foret was darker. I took a picture with my camera phone. What do you think? :confused1:

I already ordered a Vert Foret from AR (due to arrive Fri :yahoo:) and think I prefer that darker green anyway, but am tempted by the emerald since its rarer...right? :confused1:The leather seemed a bit dry though.:sad:

Attached Files:

7. Yup, thats Emerald alright...

Dry for certain. Maybe a little tough love will do it right?

I dunno, I've noticed that many Emerald Days are quite marbly/veiny. And not in the good way either.

8. ^ This bag will break-in nicely if you moisturize the leather and use it, to become squishy and yummy...the worst of the S/S '06 leather just needs time and TLC!

9. Congratulations!