So much for shopping Goodwill auctions

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
O.G.
Aug 22, 2007
The bidding is already up to almost $70 for a freakin' wristlet. I can't believe people are paying so much for such a common, low cost item. Isn't this a factory wristlet?

coach.jpg

I've been frustrated in the past with my local Goodwill's in my area. There will be a bag in the glass cases and on the bidding sheet it will have the word "authentic ?." In the beginning my cousin and I thought that they rtuly didn't know and were letting bidders know that there was a chance that the item was NOT infact authentic. My cousin and I would start to write "NOT AUTHENTIC" at the top of the bidding sheets when we did come across them and knew 100% that the bag was infact FAKE. After we did this a few times they started putting the bidding book behind the counter and not leaving a pen for you to bid with.

I truly believe that the people running our Goodwill stores intends to lead the bidders to believe that the bags ARE authentic. I see them auction off fake Kate Spade's, Coach, LV etc all the time, again this is at my local Goodwill. I think it's crappy!!! Those items's are DONATED for FREE and then they are going to try and make extra $$$ by being fraudulant about the items origin??? WTH?!

Where's the GOODWILL in that????

Your Goodwill has a bidding sheet? Mine has bags in the case, and I get sick at the $300 fake Guccis, Coaches, etc. They occasionally get genuine bags in, but price them way above outlet anyway. I have pretty much given up on scoring a great bag at Goodwill.