So much for my resolve....

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Well, before you all say I told you so, let me point out that I haven't actually bought another bag--but I am definitely thinking about it!!!

All this talk about the Roxy being discontinued is making me feel I really ought to have one. :shame:

Those of you who know my tPF history will know I'm not a Roxy girl, I'm a Bays girl. It's not for want of trying though! I have always love the look of Roxy, in fact it was the first Mulberry I ever saw and swore I would have one in the future. However when I did finally get one (beautiful choc Darwin with bronze h/w) I just couldn't get on with the fiddly straps and boxy shape. I really, really wanted to though and I did try, just didn't succeed. Had a bunch of Rosemary's that I loved as well but did find them a bit fiddly still.

All that said, I still love the look of Roxy and the thought of them being discontinued makes me sad! I also think I could deal with the fiddliness given that the bag will be rare and therefore quite the collector's item. For example, Emmy isn't exactly user friendly, she's boxy and fiddly to get in and out of--but the ginger colour is divine. I happily put up with the hassle of using her because she's gorgeous.

So, the question remains, am I crazy?? Do I give Roxy another try or just resign myself to the fact that I love the look of Roxy but should only appreciate that from a distance? If you were me, what would you do? FWIW, I'm thinking pre-loved Darwin rather than buying new.

^^^ well, if it were me I would probably have been struck with my usual *must have* now mentality and ''buy now, think later'' :nuts:

Sorry thats probably not much help is it? :biggrin:

What colour are you thinking of getting? If its a classic colour you could probably sell on later for a very good price (if they are discontinued), should you find yourself not using it....

I guess I'd be biased as I love my Roxy,but I would definitely say get one.Whether Mulberry really are discontinuing her or not,we won't know until later but if they do,prices will just go up and you'll regret not getting her when you had the chance. :sad:

If she's not being discontinued and there's still no love there,there's bound to be another person who would want her? :smile:

I would say it depends on the reason(s) why you would buy one.
Is it because you think it would be a wise financial move as they are being discontinued?
Is it because you want to have one more go with getting on with a roxy before the option of having one is gone?
Is it because you just feel with the hype that you've got to have one?

Try and work through your reasons for wanting one before buying.

^^^ well, if it were me I would probably have been struck with my usual *must have* now mentality and ''buy now, think later'' :nuts:

Sorry thats probably not much help is it? :biggrin:

What colour are you thinking of getting? If its a classic colour you could probably sell on later for a very good price (if they are discontinued), should you find yourself not using it....

Yeah, that's where I'm headed Hula!

I'm thinking classic oak is the best for me. I have enough black bags and don't use my choc Effie much as it is so couldn't really justify another choc bag. I wouldn't say no to a plum one but those are rarer than hens teeth so I best stick to oak!

klp, I have been thinking exactly the same, never owned a roxy but been loving it from a distance for a long time. And when even my 7yr old DD today told me she loved it -were comparing it to the alexa, it made me think again.
I recently tried one on, its lovely but what makes me hesitate (well, apart from the price) is the heaviness. Would that be a problem? That is one of the reasons I rarely use my Jacquetta, but then again, I won't always be dragging kids around with me along with my lovely bags so maybe one to keep for the future?

I guess I'd be biased as I love my Roxy,but I would definitely say get one.Whether Mulberry really are discontinuing her or not,we won't know until later but if they do,prices will just go up and you'll regret not getting her when you had the chance. :sad:

If she's not being discontinued and there's still no love there,there's bound to be another person who would want her? :smile:

Very good point to consider Aisuhimeriae, thank you.

do it do it do it! If you don't you might forever be thinking what if. I'm the same as you, LOVE the look of roxy but the weight of it has always bothered me as I have scrawny shoulders and cant DO heavy bags as my back aches really easily.....but roxy is so gorgeous sometimes we need to put reason aside:graucho:

I would say it depends on the reason(s) why you would buy one.
Is it because you think it would be a wise financial move as they are being discontinued?
Is it because you want to have one more go with getting on with a roxy before the option of having one is gone?
Is it because you just feel with the hype that you've got to have one?

Try and work through your reasons for wanting one before buying.

That's why I want one. :smile:

do it do it do it! If you don't you might forever be thinking what if. I'm the same as you, LOVE the look of roxy but the weight of it has always bothered me as I have scrawny shoulders and cant DO heavy bags.....but roxy is so gorgeous :graucho:

Roxy is indeed gorgeous and I've always loved the design. My Rosie's satiated my Roxy desires a bit, but not fully as it's Roxy that makes me swoon. :biggrin: