So much for my resolve....

this is going to shock you but while I adore roxys and want to enable you- do think long and hard about your decision and make sure you arent just getting swept away with the hype and numerous recent reveals of gorgeous roxys on here. You have had roxy and rosies in the past and have got rid of both as they didnt fit your lifestyle - and you had no sellers remorse?- You have just balanced your collection to the perfect size- so which bag would be displaced if you get roxy and do you want to lose that one? Also when would you use her bearing in mind the weight issues etc? I have to confess I love mine but use the goatskins ones in preference to the classics due to the weight-I would never let them go but I accept they are trophies rather than practical bags- I do use them just not very often and I know how you view your bags as being ones you use rather than ones you look at- any way just trying to be sensible but really do want another lovely oak beauty being revealed on here- so good luck with the search !!!!

Thanks elvis. I appreciate your thoughts and you do make quite a few valid points. I think in Roxy's case I would be happy to have her to look at more than to use on a daily basis.

Besides, now that I've made my mind up there's no stopping me! :lol:

Ummm, loving Roxy myself, I can't argue with the fact that anyone would want one - seeing Lilemmy's gorgeous oak one is enough to sway anyone!
However, I do wonder how much of this is down to the fact that it's supposedly being discontinued rather than you really really wanting one Klp?
Couldn't you 'borrow' one for a day or two from a mate, and see if the straps etc still bug you?

That's a good idea LadyF. Too bad none of my friends here have one! Though, tbh, if the bag itself is right - i.e. lovely grainy leather, nice patina, beautiful to look at, etc - I don't think the fiddly straps will bother me too much. That's the point I was trying to make with Emmy and Alana being fiddly and cumbersome to carry, but still totally gorgeous and worth the annoyance!

Tbh, sometimes the straps bug me too, but I still love the bag overall (same with Alana - pain in the bum to open etc, but I still miss that style lol!).
In that case, I'd say 'go for it' - best of luck in finding one, I'm sure a good one will pop up soon....

Tbh, sometimes the straps bug me too, but I still love the bag overall (same with Alana - pain in the bum to open etc, but I still miss that style lol!).
In that case, I'd say 'go for it' - best of luck in finding one, I'm sure a good one will pop up soon....

Well that's good to hear, especially coming from a Roxy lover!

lola, I am indeed a woman on a mission and I will find the perfect Roxy. Watch this space!