So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

^Is resin plastic? I don't even know, now that I think about it.
I think I have to see the resin chain IRL to decide whether it would work for me. Pursemonky, I know what you mean about it possibly being too "plasticky."
So I think I might end up ordering both the stam and hobo with resin chain so I can compare them directly.:thinking:
The resin chain of the stam looks like a different color than the one on the hobo (from kimair's pic), but it could be the lighting.

I do think you should see the resin chain IRL for yourself.

As for it being a different color than in kimair's pic ... I wonder if that's because she used a cell phone, too (as well as the lighting, as you said)?

Another gripe: I'd totally buy this bag if it had a metal chain, and I'd totally buy the boutique exclusive w/leather lining if it was made of this leather instead of the So Cool leather. I want/need a leather-lined stam so much. We really do need a Build-A-Stam option!

I have no clue - resin probably is a form of plastic:confused1: I guess what I meant was that plastic looking parts just seem at odds with super-expensive-uber-soft-high-quality-leather-bags. Again, IMHO. Surely there could be a way to open the link on a silver chain and solder it back together. Do you happen to own a blow torch? :P

Actually ... I did, but not any more. (I used it for soldering jewelry when I was making stuff.) I also used to have an oxygen/propane torch that I used for making glass beads, and that was incredibly hot. The kids used to stand at the door of my glass studio with their friends huddled around them, watching me make beads, but all too scared to come in. :P

Actually ... I did, but not any more. (I used it for soldering jewelry when I was making stuff.) I also used to have an oxygen/propane torch that I used for making glass beads, and that was incredibly hot. The kids used to stand at the door of my glass studio with their friends huddled around them, watching me make beads, but all too scared to come in. :P

The last thing you expect to hear as an answer to "Do you happen to own a blowtorch?" is... "Actually....yes. And an oxygen/propane torch, too." ROFL. Quite impressive, Goldenflower!

oh i love this!!!! thank you so much for the detailed pictures. the color and lining are dreamy :drool: i actually like the resin chain...i saw it on another bright navy daydream bag (not the stam). does this stam seem bigger than your others? I LOVE, WOW!
i guess my next question is, would it be too similar to the pleated stam i already have?! :thinking:

goldenflower, that purple stam is very very pretty, though I must say I am not a big fan of resin. however, I think the resin is what makes this stam so special, and of course the leather lining is to die for!!

oh I found these pictures of the S/S and F/W purple stams by Southern-belle... hope she doesnt mind me putting it here...
DSC02297-1.jpg

The last thing you expect to hear as an answer to "Do you happen to own a blowtorch?" is... "Actually....yes. And an oxygen/propane torch, too." ROFL. Quite impressive, Goldenflower!

Heh, heh ... I think my kids were scared to death that I was going to burn down the house! I did burn myself a number of times ... mostly 2nd degree burns. I kept a fire extinguisher right at hand. :P

pursemonkey - It was fun making beads and jewelry - wish I would have had more time to devote to it, though.

oh i love this!!!! thank you so much for the detailed pictures. the color and lining are dreamy :drool: i actually like the resin chain...i saw it on another bright navy daydream bag (not the stam). does this stam seem bigger than your others? I LOVE, WOW!
i guess my next question is, would it be too similar to the pleated stam i already have?! :thinking:

If you already know you love the resin chain, then you have to get this! That is my only hesitation - otherwise, I love it.

I don't think it's too similar to the pleated stam you already have ... dark plum and dark orchid are completely different colors, after all! :angel:

goldenflower, that purple stam is very very pretty, though I must say I am not a big fan of resin. however, I think the resin is what makes this stam so special, and of course the leather lining is to die for!!

I'm sure Marc was going for a unique twist to the stam with this one's resin chain. I just wish I liked it more. I would buy this bag in a heartbeat if it had the metal chain.

Thanks for adding the two gorgeous purple stams of Southern-belle's. Sooooo pretty!

If you already know you love the resin chain, then you have to get this! That is my only hesitation - otherwise, I love it.

I don't think it's too similar to the pleated stam you already have ... dark plum and dark orchid are completely different colors, after all! :angel:
very funny :lol: but good point! don't tempt me, please!

oh my gosh goldenflower, that stam is gorgeous!! i am loving it!! :nuts::woohoo:
i hear what you're sayin' about the chain...
i was thinking it was going to be the same color as the frame...
but i can't get over how beautiful that purple is...

OK I finally did it.
After gushing about the daydreams so much, I have 2 on the way from NM--the stam and the hobo with resin chain.:nuts:
I'll be sure to put up pics of the hobo so we can compare. So far I'm pretty torn between the two but I think once I can hold them and put them side by side I can finally make a decision! All this going back and forth in my mind is making me :noggin:.

I'm sure Marc was going for a unique twist to the stam with this one's resin chain. I just wish I liked it more. I would buy this bag in a heartbeat if it had the metal chain.

Thanks SO MUCH for the pics goldenflower!!!! - I really, really love this bag!! --- The leather interior it TDF!!!! Maybe you can contact Diego at the MJ repairs and see how much to get one of the new (small link) chains as a "replacement".

The matching daydream hobos/Suvis in orchid all have the larger link metal chains, so that shouldn't be a problem and there must be compatible leather in the small link chain series.

There ARE solutions out there !!! - I actually am one of the resin fans- it helps to think of it as the sunglasses materials - and there are definately different quality levels in resin. That said - get it near acetone and it will be ALL over!