So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Heh heh, I really don't mean to! I hope I can find some time alone this weekend.

I hope they have a ZC in this darker purple ... it is soooo pretty!

2. I can just see the looks on everyone's faces as I traipse into the bathroom with my laptop and camera! I already sort of shocked my daughter today when a long, narrow package was delivered by FedEx (along with the hobo) and she asked what in the world I'd ordered that came in such a long, skinny box. I said, "You've heard of pole dancing, right?" :P

3. :roflmfao: Wish I could've seen the look on her face!!

4. Sorry, just had to add that it finally dawned on me what color this is: eggplant! There. I feel better now.

5. I adore all these purple bags! Eggplant is my favorite color of purple as it can be esily confused with black, but yet it is not. I love all these pics~ Thank you.

6. Her facial expression could have been next to the definition of "withering look" in the dictionary. She also rolled her eyes. This was after she realized that I was kidding. Then she said, "Thanks for the mental image, Mom" - and I could have sworn she shuddered. :P

Yeah, eggplant! Perfect descriptor.

7. #67 Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    i have GOT to get that PURPLE CECILIA it is TDF

may i show my latest ebay arrival....it's not 08 but love it and also an older one too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ^gingarita That is a gorgeous shade of purple!!

pursemonkey--thanks for posting that elderberry; it looks delicious! Eggplant is one of my favorite colors, and I like to eat it too!

goldenflower--isn't the dark orchid DIVINE?! Can you imagine a stam in that--that's the stam on luisaviaroma, with the resin chain. Hopefully a U.S. store will carry it--maybe the boutiques have it? The "orchid" stam you got from Nordie's is actually from the sunburst collection, as far as I can figure from tad's posts, and I believe it's made of lambskin.

Even though I've seen the dark orchid IRL (and petted it a lot), I can't wait to see your pics!

9. Oh damn I wish I hadn't seen this, it's gorgeous congratulations Purse, I need something in this colour NOW. Oh no I'll just have to blame you because I'll have to eat beans on toast for the next month..
    did you actually put your baby into the dustbag, she's too cute :smile:

10. There's another thread with the Faridah in this color, and I know it also comes in the Mini Quinn. Go for it!! I LOVE this color:love: Beans and toast it is! :P

Yes, she really is a Baby-In-A-Bag:P She seemed awfully happy to be there! Someday when she's as obsessed with purses as her mama she'll probably get quite a kick out of that pic!

11. Gingarita - That is sooo gorgeous! Isn't the leather on the Rosen crazy soft? What a fun color, too! Enjoy:tup:

12. Hopefully soon on those pics, LR! I might have some time alone tomorrow. You are so right about how pretty it is. I'm just not totally sure I love the shape with the corners pulled out.

Yes, you're right about the stam I have being from the sunburst collection (I've been so mixed up about all of these, sorry if I confused anyone!) I will not be keeping it, even though it's a nice bag. I want purple or plum this fall, and that one definitely isn't it.

gingarita: I love your new purple Rosen! I have admired those when I've seen them on eB*y ... they are just gorgeous! Congratulations! :yahoo:

13. [​IMG][/quote]
    i saw this bag yesterday, TDF! :drool::drool: such a rich saturated color, the stams this year are unbelievable!!
    pursemonkey-i love your new bag, pretty color!! your new avatar is THE cutest :heart:
    goldenflower- i can't wait to see pics of the new bags!
    gingarita-love those purple bags!!

14. ^I love that Stam! Gorgeous purple

15. I got a chance to take a few quick photos!

Daydream Hobo in Dark Orchid

Front, no flash, without the corners expanded

[​IMG]

Front, no flash, WITH the corners expanded

[​IMG]

Back, no flash, corners not expanded

[​IMG]

Inside front flaps, no flash

[​IMG]

Hanging, WITH flash

[​IMG]

Hanging, WITHOUT flash